in need of friends who are moms

i have to say i let myself go.my son is already 9 months old and everything is going prefect so far.everything but me.i gained 60 pounds while pregnant and another 20 while breastfeeding.and my friends around me dont understand.,they think i should just eat right and workout alot and it will all go away.they may be right,but i struggle. i would love to meet some moms who struggle with the same for support.

Replies

• jerimay22
    jerimay22 Posts: 55 Member
    It's so hard when you have a little one who needs you 24/7. I have two, ages 5 and 8. it has taken me until now to be able to focus on me and there are still times when it feels impossible. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Laflammp
    Laflammp Posts: 7 Member
    I'm in the same boat! I've gained weight while breasfeeding (my daughter is 4months old) and even if I have all the motivation in the world to try and workout, my little girl needs so much attention I don't have time for that! What helps me not depress, is telling me "it took 9months to gain that weigh (prengnancy), to be healthy and still breastfeed strongly, it should take at least as long to loose the weight!!" Feel free to add me! We all need support in this hectic journey :smile:
  • strongjess1980
    strongjess1980 Posts: 43 Member
    I don't know about you, but when I was breastfeeding, I used it as a bit of an excuse to "get all my nutrition in" which was my way of justifying overeating. That could be just me though. Feel free to add me. Losing weight with growing babies to feed is tricky.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Mom of 2 adult sons.....

Here's an old weight watchers trick.... When you are doing dishes - pour the dish detergent on anything the kids leave on their plates. Most folks won't eat dish detergent.