Ground Turkey Help please!

Options
I have some thawed ground turkey in my fridge that I need to cook for dinner tonight, any suggestions? side dish suggestions?
TIA!

Replies

• live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    http://recipes.menshealth.com/Recipe/chipotle-turkey-burgers.aspx

I made these turkey burgers a few weeks ago....FANTASTIC! I made a few slight variations. I did not use the chipotle salsa, I had a jar of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, so I chopped up a few of those and added a teeny bit of the sauce to the meat mixture...didn't use the sour cream, but added a piece of sliced pepperjack cheese.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    I can't eat red meat, so our house eats a LOT of ground turkey and ground chicken.

My favourites:

- Burgers, grilled on the BBQ, with a toasted whole wheat bun, and a side of fresh veggies (I love carrot sticks and celery sticks in a little bit of low fat ranch dressing)

- meatloaf. Same recipe as beef, only a lot less fat, and I think, tastes better!

- spaghetti with turkey meatballs. Another fav. Lots of fresh veggies in the sauce, and light on the pasta to keep the calories and carbs in check

- "turkey" stroganoff - same recipe as beef, and we use low-fat sour cream, served over whole wheat noodles, and a fresh side salad

- did I mention turkey burgers?:happy:
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ever try salsa turkey burgers? Mix in some salsa, shape into patties and you've got it. Grill or bake.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I use it to make turkey burgers with crispy green beans on the side. My husband isn't convinced that green beans are fries yet but I keep trying! :laugh:

I've also used it for sloppy joes but have to watch the sodium in store sauce.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I use ground turkey for:

turkey tacos, turkey sloppy joes (I have kids and they really love both of these!), turkey burgers....
  • kfoust81
    kfoust81 Posts: 19
    Options
    Turkey burgers, I mix a packet of dry french onion soup in with the ground turkey and cook it on the George Foreman and put it on those slimwich buns. YUM! my kids love them!
    Or ground turkey tacos. I love those too!
  • triciaw1975
    triciaw1975 Posts: 49
    Options
    I love to make a good taco salad with ground turkey. Lettuce, ground turkey, salsa, low-fat/cal cheese, crushed up baked tostito's corn chips.....yum! :smile:
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Turkey Cranberry Loaf

Mix together 1 box of Stauffer's Turkey stuffing and ground turkey. (Get in there with your hands!)
    Spread the mixture out on foil on a baking sheet.
    Spread 1/2 of 1 can of whole cranberry jelly over the turkey stuffing mixture.
    "Jellyroll" the meat and stuffing combo.
    Cover the top with the rest of the jelly.
    Cover with foil and bake 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Simple, yummy, and healthy!
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I found a good recipe for turkey burgers if you have all the ingredients. My boyfriend begs for them about once a week.

1/2 cup and flavor BBQ cause (I use hickory brown sugar)
    1/2 cup breadcrumbs
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    Garlic or garlic powder
    Pepper (and salt if you want)

I just mix them all together and grill them in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray and brush each side with a litlte BBQ sauce after I've flipped it. With a low calorie bun (I use Wonder with Seseame Seeds for about 110 cals), miracle whip light, and a slice of cheese it comes out to a little under 400 cals a burger. Without the cheese and bun (if you wanted to wrap it in lettuce instead) it would come out a lot less.
  • KaitlinVegan
    Options
    I love ground turkey! My boyfriend and I use it to make turkey tacos. Sautee with some onions, jalapenos, and tex-mex seasoning. Then put in a tortilla with salsa, lettuce etc. Or, we often make turkey meatballs in a tomato sauce with whole wheat pasta. Just add some fresh parsley, chili flakes, salt, pepper and an egg to the meat to make the balls.
  • Topsurf3
    Topsurf3 Posts: 17
    Options
    You could have turkey chili. I know it's kinda hot outside, but this recipe always turns out great for me. One pound ground turkey, one can diced tomatoes, one can tomato sauce, one can busch's chili beans, one pkg. mccormick chili seasoning. Brown your turkey and drain then throw everything else together in with the turkey and let simmer for about 10 minutes. I serve it over Uncle Ben's whole grain brown rice. I calculated it to be around 353 calories per serving, 29 carbs 15 fat, 23 protein sodium (a bit high 837)
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    I just brown it in a pan and then stir fry some veggies in with it - yum !
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    I just brown it in a pan and then stir fry some veggies in with it - yum !
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Asian lettuce wraps! Recipe from PF Changs is online as well as one from Biggest Loser.
  • redrustdobe
    redrustdobe Posts: 43
    Options
    SUPER SIMPLE!

Brown Ground Turkey
    Add can of black beans (rinsed & drained)
    Add jar of salsa

Heat. Serve plain or on corn tortillas.
  • Katschau
    Katschau Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm making tacos with ground turkey tonight
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    ground turkey taco salad is great! cook the turkey until done with onions and garlic, add seasonings (cumin, chili powder, etc), add a can of black or other beans and let simmer..meanwhile chop up whatever veggies you have in the fridge (lettuce, cucumber, peppers, green onion, tomato etc) and shred some low fat cheese..if you have taco chips you can throw in a few of those on the plate, then layer the turkey mixture on top and veggies over all...delicious!

this is also an awesome recipe for a ground turkey stirfry that i often make:

http://www.food.com/recipe/sweet-and-spicy-ground-turkey-stir-fry-293768
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I make aturkey burger with brown rice cooked of course, feta cheese, and fresh chopped spinach and itlalian seasoning ,minced garlic,eggs,craked pepper, mix make into patties and grill, or broil,.....my husband loves the patties cold for lunch the next day so I always make extra :-)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    bump