A good protein powder?

Options
Hi there! Would just like some input on what are some really good protein powders available out there. I have been weight training pretty vigorously lately and am thinking about incorporating a protein shake after weight workouts. I'd like to stay away from a lot of sugar, preferably, and would like to hear about some other options besides whey. Thanks!!

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I really like Dymatize Iso100 chocolate fudge. It tastes great and is one of the higher quality whey proteins on the market. What is your purpose for incorporating a protein supplement though? Are you having trouble hitting your protein macro goal for the day? After a hard workout, getting in some carbs is actually more important. The protein comes later.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I use Isopure zero carb .. Love it !!
  • daniellepstewart209
    daniellepstewart209 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The protein works stuff tastes amazing!!! Blends well, and they have a really wide range of powders depending on what you want it for. Only used the diet ones though but they are lovely. They constantly have offers on too.
  • kak22283
    kak22283 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just toss Greek yogurt, milk and frozen berries in my nutrabullet and call that a protein shake.
  • rocknrobin65
    rocknrobin65 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use this: http://myvega.com/product/vega-one-nutritional-shake/ All vegetable protein, non GMO, whole food based. Yummy!
  • Nursie863
    Nursie863 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »
    I really like Dymatize Iso100 chocolate fudge. It tastes great and is one of the higher quality whey proteins on the market. What is your purpose for incorporating a protein supplement though? Are you having trouble hitting your protein macro goal for the day? After a hard workout, getting in some carbs is actually more important. The protein comes later.

Yes, usually I fall short on protein, even though I attempt to eat a good amount of it at every meal.