To the people who have gotten surgery after weight loss, how did you manage to pay for it?

Options
I just wanted to ask a question on here, hope it's not too personal.

I have a large amount of loose skin on my stomach/sides, arms, and thighs, that have been this way for almost 2 years. I have been tolerating it, but am starting to be very uncomfortable both physically and mentally.

I am employed with a pretty good job, however like a lot of people, I don't have tens of thousands of dollars for surgery.

So to the people who have gotten skin removal/lift type of surgeries after major weight loss, how did you manage to pay for it? Did you just save up, get loans, family help? Do you have any recommendations on what I should do? I would really like to get some of these surgeries done within in the next year hopefully.. :/ Thanks for info!

Replies

• jshay295
    jshay295 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If you're brave enough, look into teaching hospitals. Im pretty sure that's how the people on Extreme Weight Loss get them. (although you wouldn't get it 100% free obviously). Not sure if that will help you out, just trying to give you ideas