Ideas on hunger busting snacks?

Options
That will keep your tummy happy for few hours at least? I take snacks to work, but once they are gone, I stay hungry :(

Replies

• rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky with cheese (they have those little packs of beef and cheddar for like a dollar at CVS, or you could make your own jerky if you have a dehydrator and just go with string cheese or 1 oz of cheddar or something), almonds (I like the Blue Diamond wasabi soy flavor best - sometimes I'll mix an oz of those with an oz of raisins and it's pretty good if you like sweet/salty/spicy combos), hard boiled eggs, protein bars, full fat greek yogurt, etc. Anything with protein and fat usually keeps me full for a long time.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    A pregnant woman shared with me her Dr said to just eat two Tums. It is calcium which your body needs. It keeps you till the next meal time.

I copied her little trick and every once in a while if crazy munchies hit.... I drop a couple Tums!
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs, peanut butter with veggies or apples, nuts, I like cheese with apples, or just eat a small meal like soup, salad, or 1/2 sandwich.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs, cottage cheese with an apple, Punnet of cherry tomatoes with some cheddar cheese, Greek yoghurt with a sprinkling of seeds, home made protein ball. I find the combination of protein and carb keeps me fullest.
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Almonds work for me! 17g is 100cals and im good for a bit. And waaatteerrr!!!!!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley Crunchy Granola bars. I have yet to find a more satisfying snack. Each pack has two in it and I usually just have one. They're super filling!
  • jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    All great answers you guys!!! Love it! I brought boiled eggs and jar of peanut butter; I smeared some PB on a Nature Valley granola bar. Oh yes I'm good till lunch!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    All great answers you guys!!! Love it! I brought boiled eggs and jar of peanut butter; I smeared some PB on a Nature Valley granola bar. Oh yes I'm good till lunch!
    I do love success :smiley:
  • jendiaz9732
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs, cottage cheese with an apple, Punnet of cherry tomatoes with some cheddar cheese, Greek yoghurt with a sprinkling of seeds, home made protein ball. I find the combination of protein and carb keeps me fullest.

How do you make the protein ball?

• jendiaz9732
    Options
    Me too Verity!!!!
  • jendiaz9732
    Options
    I'm going to def try the tums
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I love Supremely Spicy hummus & pretzel crisps or veggies, peanuts, a piece of toast with avocado, string cheese, apple slices with peanut butter, popcorn, greek yogurt.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

How do you make the protein ball?

1/3 cup natural peanut butter (I use crunchy, no added salt)
    1/4 cup honey
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder (I used Bare Blends dark chocolate)
    3 tablespoons LSA mix or ground flaxseeds
    3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips

Mix everything together, the mixture is stiff so try using a fork rather than a spoon. Roll into balls and refrigerate. They last for 5-7 days in ziplock bags or tupperware. They last longer in the freezer, so I do them in batches and defrost as needed. Depending on your ingredients and the size of the ball it's about 120 calories.
  • corjallen
    corjallen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also need both protein and carbs to feel full. A little peanut butter spread on a reduced-fat graham cracker is good, apples and peanut butter, low fat cottage cheese with fruit, or if I'm super hungry I'll make half a turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread. I am the hungriest between my afternoon snack and dinner and I'm trying to figure out how to not lose it on the inside if it's my husband's turn to cook and he has dinner ready "late." :smile:
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Apple high fiber. Grapefruit. Whatever it is full glass of water too
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks and a teaspoon of peanut butter (Kraft whipped is good, easier to use less) - dip the sticks into the peanut butter, just a little goes a long way, and lots of crunch from the celery. Also dates & almonds - about 4 dates (or two medjool dates) and 15 almonds - again lots of crunch, and sweetness from the dates. Tomatoes on crispbreads. Low fat cottage cheese with lots of pepper.
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I try not to have sweet things (except fruit) for hunger busting as I worry they will cause a ripple effect of feeling like to snack more, so I stick to savoury.
    • Marinated hard boiled eggs. I marinate and cook eggs for flavour in a variety of sauces/etc for variation: tea, soy sauce, etc.
    • Chopped mixed fruit in a ramekin. 1 piece of whole fruit never satisfies me so I cut like 1/4 apple, 1/4 pear, some grapes, 1/2 cup rockmelon. It's really filling and very satisfying because the variety helps to satiate me and all for around the same cal as if I would an entire fruit.
    • Fruit and dollop of yoghurt. I love figs or rockmelons.
    • Greek yoghurt topped with small amount of fruit. Strawberries or figs. Sometimes I will toast sliced almonds or coconut and sprinkle over the top. The toasting imparts a very umami and well-rounded, satisfying flavour.
    • Carrots and celery sticks with 1 tbsp hummus, 1 tbsp greek yoghurt. (Not mixed)
    • Miso soup with tofu cubes, 1 cup.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I'd go with fat and protein.... Or make your meals more substantial and cut snacks altogether. I stopped needing to eat so often when I started eating bigger meals with sufficient protien and fat. I don't feel as hungry in between and my energy levels are more even...
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm a total chilli head and find sweet snacks do nothing for me so my go to snack is celery with homemade chilli pickle.
    The pickle is made with superhots such as Naga, 7 pots, Carolina Reapers etc so it's an absolute mouth explosion B)