down 50 lbs 3 months :)

Options
differentside2me
differentside2me Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2015 in Success Stories
[I started at 275 back in April of 2015 as of today I am 223. Just over 50 lbs lost in a little under 3 months. Low calorie diet variety of excersizes each day little weight training. Starting size 2x and 20s now L and 15/16. Goal weight is 120 medium frame!

Replies

• Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's great! Try not to let your calories ever get under 1,200. Congrats!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    That is awesome !!!!! Keep up the good work !!!!
  • schapman81
    schapman81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Stay encouraged and motivated!
  • CherylanneCorsini
    CherylanneCorsini Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Very Good, you have every right to be proud. Stay the course! :)
  • SuseAndo26
    SuseAndo26 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Steelkid wrote: »

Why is this? :smile:
  • clewis1102
    clewis1102 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing ...Congrats
  • 2bfit_2015
    2bfit_2015 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! Keep going!
    I also just hit 40 lbs loss in under 4 months. I can't wait for our very own success story!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Awesome. You are doing great. <3
  • leeejordan
    leeejordan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    fantastic effort...you must feel great inside and walk a little taller
  • AutumnEquinox82
    AutumnEquinox82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weightloss! What kinds of exercise were you doing and for how long each time/days of the week? I cant seem to shed more than 5 lbs. I am 5'6 270 and keep losing the 5 lbs and putting it back on. I have been eating 1300 calories a day. Do you have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?
  • CTJGIRL
    CTJGIRL Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congratulations!! :)
  • beansandchips
    beansandchips Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You must be over the moon! I have around 50 more to lose, finding it hard, so posts like yours are inspiring! Good luck with your continued weight loss!

• ebaba301
    ebaba301 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    2bfit_2015 wrote: »
    So happy for you! Keep going!
    I also just hit 40 lbs loss in under 4 months. I can't wait for our very own success story!

I'm rooting for you guys!
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was 274 in January and right now I am 277, I'm jealous you lost it faster than me lmao congrads anyways
  • Peaceful_
    Peaceful_ Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thats awesome Congrats!!!
  • nora_gettingfitnow
    nora_gettingfitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow....well done. That is awesome
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    SuseAndo26 wrote: »

Because it's unhealthy. Because you are much more likely to lose heaps of lean muscle mass along with the fat.

and you don't learn healthy habits to keep the weight off once you stop overdoing it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Because it's unhealthy. Because you are much more likely to lose heaps of lean muscle mass along with the fat.

And it is difficult to get your required macro (Fat and protein) and micro nutrients (vitamins and minerals) on a diet less than 1200 cals. Even at 1200 cals there is very little wiggle room for non-nutrient dense foods.
  • ano463s
    ano463s Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    tibby531 wrote: »

and you don't learn healthy habits to keep the weight off once you stop overdoing it.

I was a little confused on the original comment, just because I didn't see a reference to calories or an open diary. Maybe just being suspicious about the amount of weight loss over the time period? Either way, it's a good discussion topic (though possibly unrelated to this post if OP didn't go that low).

I also didn't see a height anywhere on the original post... Since it doesn't apply to everyone, I wouldn't expect everyone to view it this way, but some of us short women have much smaller allowances, so it's possible for us to go under 1200 without being in dangerous/unhealthy/overly large deficit zones. I'm not talking about severely below (MFP does give warnings that you've gone too low starting at <1000 for women), but eating at 1200 or so (with days where we don't quite meet the 1200, therefore going under) doesn't really do us any harm, and can teach us the portion sizes that our bodies will need down the road (which, even when brought back up to maintenance, will still be lower than what most others will have).

It can be easily compared to someone going for a 1.5lb/week loss with a goal of 1500 calories who happens to eat 1450 one day. That kind of additional deficit is not going to get them to 2lb/week, and certainly is below the "goal" amount listed, but barring other difficulties, it's not dangerous in any way. If that person goes down to 1200, that might be a bigger concern, but it's all relative.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!