How do you log 30DS?

hello, sorry if this has been asked before. I am wondering how you guys who do 30 day shred log your exercise? Right now I log it as circuit training and for 245 cals. Does anybody know if that's an accurate amount of calories burned?
I know it depends on if you modify the exercises. I try my best to do the whole thing unmodied, but some of the moves I just can't do as well as Natalie

Replies

• Suhrah623
    Suhrah623 Posts: 65 Member
    *unmodified
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Look up what the cal burn for the dvd is elsewhere. Create a new exercise as whatever you want to call it and then log it. A chest strap hrm will really help you figure out a more accurate burn tho.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Could be. I don't know how much you weigh though. I typically get 130-146 gross calories for the workout, but I'm 5'4.5" and 134-135 lbs.
  • pixiesgreene
    pixiesgreene Posts: 88 Member
    There's a formula that floats around the internet that people claim was taken from Jillian Michael's website, though I'm not sure it's there anymore.

"30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out."

So I just created an exercise in MFP with the burn rate for an hour for my weight. That way if, say, I only did 15 minutes or did two workouts in a row for 40 mins, it would calculate the rate for however long I did it.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    that seems bizarrely accurate and takes no note of height, weight, age or intensity

so I'd doubt that's an accurate formula
  • pixiesgreene
    pixiesgreene Posts: 88 Member
    No doubt! But it's just something to punch in for those of us without HRM.