food never mattered much until now

Options
Reverie09
Reverie09 Posts: 48 Member
I want to start out by saying despite my weight, I never really had a problem with food. I didn't eat that much. I ate lunch and dinner and most of the time that was it. I did eat fast food and enjoyed things like cookies and ice cream every so often. I am not an emotional eater. I don't pig out and stuff myself silly.
So now here I am a month into this "lifestyle change" and all I can think about is food! I am so hungry all of the time! Even though now I eat 5 times a day. I am eating as healthy as I can manage. Fruits, vegetables, a lot of chicken and a ton of salad. But all I can ever think about is pizza and french fries and everything else I can't have. I am so scared I am gonna break and go crazy at some fast food place. Food wasn't that important before but right now I think I would give my left arm for a freakin big mac. HELP!

Replies

• Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    I recommend a big mac and an extra work out.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I agree. DO NOT DEPRIVE YOURSELF. The reason you are craving that food is because you are Obsessed with NOT eating it. As you adjust to your lifestyle change those foods wont taste as good and/or you will realize its a great treat instead of an every day food. Ever heard the more you think about something the more likely it is to happen? Eat a single or half serving of what youre craving aong with some healthier food, workout a little exra if you need to make it fit your calorie goals and MOVE ON.

Feel free to look at my diary. I still eat candy, I eat out, I eat icecream. I just do so in moderation now
  • Marcieb21
    Marcieb21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I can be the same way. There are days when I am perfectly fine eating less, eating healthy, and I don't think about food very much. Then there are the days that I think about food constantly, and it takes all of my will power not to eat everything in sight. I would like to know what I can do as well.
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel...but I agree. Don't deprive yourself. I know from personal experience that trying to cut yourself off from everything has always led me to binging and getting off track for days or weeks even
  • lisapickering
    lisapickering Posts: 374
    Options
    Yep... just have something. I still eat pizza and french fries. To be honest if you've been eating healthy for awhile the food that you're craving probably won't even taste that good to you now. I had a Big Mac a few weeks ago and I felt sick for the rest of the day! YAY!!! But having things in moderation is a good idea so that you don't go out and binge.
  • cloud92222
    cloud92222 Posts: 19
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with indulging even once a week. (Said as I get ready to prep the pizza I'm making tonight) You won't be able to keep up your changes unless you allow yourself these things once in a while. I know all week that Friday night I will probably blow it but that makes it easier to avoid everything else throughout the week. I agree with the gentleman who said to get a big mac and an extra workout! ;)
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    go for the kids meal...you will be fine...hold the cheese, enjoy life, and then get back to the grind
  • Reverie09
    Reverie09 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I really don't think I would be doing so well with this without all the wonderful support on here. You guys are great. I ended up having wendys for dinner. A chicken sandwich, value fries, and even went for a jr frosty. I feel better and the best part is I stayed under my calorie goal and everything else too! With the exception of sugar, but I go over on that everyday.