When u not losing ur thighs and hips

Options

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Is this a question of how to lose weight in your thighs/hips?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It just means you're predisposed to carry weight there. Keep losing and it will eventually drop off.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert or anything but typically when losing weight, you will lose it all over and not specifically in one particular area like your thighs and or hips. There are exercises that you can do to help tone and firm those areas like squats but I don't think you can specifically lose in one area vs another....I wish that were true but unfortunately it's not. Keep in mind also that genetics has a lot to do with our body types so it may be hard to shed that hour glass figure if every female in your family has it. You can improve on your overall size and get fit and appreciate your curves for what they are. :smiley: Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Keep losing and eventually, it will come off. You can help the process with lunges, squats, dead lifts, hip thrusters etc.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    women typically lose weight in the hips and thighs last. It is part of our survival strategy. Just keep losing and eventually your body will get around to burning the fat on your lower half.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You can't spot reduce. Keep losing and eventually, it will come off. You can help the process with lunges, squats, dead lifts, hip thrusters etc.

This. Running has been good for me too.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    This.
    GauchoMark wrote: »
    women typically lose weight in the hips and thighs last. It is part of our survival strategy. Just keep losing and eventually your body will get around to burning the fat on your lower half.
    Some women, that is. Hips and thighs are the first place I lose, tummy and bust last. It all evens out, though, over the long run. :)

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

This. Running has been good for me too.

Oh, I love my running!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    This.
    Some women, that is. Hips and thighs are the first place I lose, tummy and bust last. It all evens out, though, over the long run. :)

My boobs didn't get the 'bust last' memo.... :cry:
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    This.

My understanding is that it is tied to testosterone/estrogen levels. As such, men have a high ratio of testosterone to estrogen and viceversa for women. As with all blanket statements, there are exceptions! Also, those levels change with age, so that can be less true over time.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose from the top down - face, chest, visceral fat, and then the rest.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    As you lose fat those areas will eventually get smaller as well. Just remember though, those areas are curvy and beautiful. Better to have a little extra than to just have blah nothing imho!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I noticed the Ioss in my hips and thighs first.... Go figure
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    This.

My boobs didn't get the 'bust last' memo.... :cry:

Right!?
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Do u want to loose ur hips n thighs or you don't want 2 lose ur thighs & hips!?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    It just means you're predisposed to carry weight there. Keep losing and it will eventually drop off.

This.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    You get to blame your parents for this. :D

Genetics predisposing you on how your body stores and loses fat. Unless you opt for lipo suction, you can't dictate how fat is lost on your body.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LC932017
    LC932017 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 5,6 and my thighs jiggle at 135lbs and my thighs jiggle at 118lbs. Thank you Nana
  • LC932017
    LC932017 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    lana0715 wrote: »
    I'm 5,6 and my thighs jiggle at 135lbs and my thighs jiggle at 118lbs. Thank you Nana

It's genetics and all how your body stores fat.

• Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I had huge hips and thighs before I lost weight the first time. I looked little from the side view but from the front and back I was wide! Running and elliptical made those shrink from a size 14 pants to a size 6! The top also shrunk, I.e. bra bulge/back fat and love handles but not nearly as dramatically as the hips and thighs. It is largely genetic (I love puns I'm sorry) but you can lower your body fat enough it will decrease.