Ready to try again.

Options
Well I'm back after being gone since September. My original goal was to lose 35 lbs. All was well, and I was just hitting my halfway point when Hurricane Gustave hit. My family was displaced from the storm, and being the person I am, I dealt with the stress by eating. Then the Holidays hit and just made things worse. Today is the first day I step back on a scale since the storm, and there it was. I have gained all but 3lbs back from my starting weight.:noway: :sad: However, today is new day, and although it was tough the first time around, at least I know that I can lose the weight if I really try. So here I go. Round 2. Wish me luck!:drinker:

Replies

• celverdi
    celverdi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well I'm back after being gone since September. My original goal was to lose 35 lbs. All was well, and I was just hitting my halfway point when Hurricane Gustave hit. My family was displaced from the storm, and being the person I am, I dealt with the stress by eating. Then the Holidays hit and just made things worse. Today is the first day I step back on a scale since the storm, and there it was. I have gained all but 3lbs back from my starting weight.:noway: :sad: However, today is new day, and although it was tough the first time around, at least I know that I can lose the weight if I really try. So here I go. Round 2. Wish me luck!:drinker:
  • melissa91971
    Options
    Good for you starting again!

Don't let the weight defeat you. You are right you did it before you can do it again!:drinker:

Welcome back!

~Mel
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I am not going to say good luck but instead CONGRATULATIONS! You will succeed and after round two you'll maintain it!

I can't imagine going through a hurricane or an evac for one. I hope your family is all ok and 2009 will be a happy one for you
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Today IS a new day!! So glad to see you back on track.

So sorry about Gustave. I am no stranger to Hurricanes living here in SO FL and then my son was in NO with Katrina!!

Whew what a pain in the butt!!

I look forward to seeing your posts!

:flowerforyou: