Breakfast Ideas?

Options
I need some healthy breakfast ideas for dieting that will fill me up.

Replies

• pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with add-ins (ie, nuts, peanut butter, fruit)
    Eggs with ham
    Quiche

I would say stay away from cereal and quick burning carbs
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I just portioned up some sausage into 2oz chunks for the week.

Average Bfast will be 2oz sausage 2 large eggs, fried scrambled. Whatever.

Mixing up the extras with some baked or light fried tater tots, peppers cheese frozen spinach etc mixed into the eggs. Like sour cream and salsa on the eggs and a piece of toasted baguette occasionally.

I treat it more like a kit than a pre determined meal, I pre portion most of the ingredients so I can throw it together however I like in the morning.
  • randi475
    randi475 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband and I make smoothies for breakfast. It's yummy and easy. We started out following Alton Brown's smoothie procedure - that's on netflix if you look for 'Good Eats', not sure what episode but it might mention weight loss.
    He says to buy frozen fruits and freeze some bananas. It's around 400 calories for this- 3oz acai juice, 3oz Milk, 3oz Frozen Banana, 3oz Frozen Blueberries, 3oz Frozen Strawberries, 3oz Frozen Cherries. If your blender allows for it, you can put it all in that container and into your fridge to sit overnight. It makes it a really nice frozen consistency in the morning and doesn't cause cavitation in the blender which is a pain.
    My husband and I evolved this, and we put it together in the morning since we can't let it sit in the fridge overnight- it'll weaken the seal on our blender.
    We make carrot puree- not even carrot juice, we keep the fibers! and use that instead of juice. We usually make it sunday and it lasts for a week, but will go bad if it sits longer. You put equal parts (cut, peeled) carrot and water into the blender (if your blender can handle it) and use the juice function.
    In the morning we toss in Carrot Puree, Milk, Fresh Banana, Fresh Strawberries (tops removed), 1oz Spinach (for fun), Frozen Blueberries, Frozen Dark Sweet Cherries. This does cavitate but our blender powers through the air bubble and smooths out. After it's all pulverized we mix in some chia seeds- I love it seedy so I don't add them before, otherwise the blender would pulverize those, too. I also like to freeze half the strawberries we add because I find the more frozen it is, the less the carrot puree texture bothers me, plus I prefer it as cold as I can get it. I usually forget to freeze the strawberries, though.

I usually have about 12-13 ounces and my husband has about 16-18 ounces. Mine is usually around 200 calories. If we don't have juice we just use all milk, which makes it 230 calories.

I hope that helps :)
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Eggs and chia pudding fill me up most.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Try an egg muffin. Make a bunch ahead of time and freeze the extras.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/361132463845034811/

I start nearly every morning with Greek yogurt, combining it with frozen fruit, chia, and oatmeal and letting it soak overnight.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Protein, fat, and fiber are all satiating.

Oatmeal has fiber, make it with milk and that adds protein. Nuts or nut butter adds fat.

Greek yogurt has tons of protein, but 2% has more staying power than fat free. I buy flavored Greek and stir in FiberOne cereal and nuts.

Eggs - many people will use whole eggs, not just whites. That gives you protein and fat. Add some veggies or (whole) fruit for fiber. Steer clear of juices.....most of the fiber gets strained out.