Giving up alcohol!

Options
i am having the same problem , I'm doing good with the food but I like my four lokos and the calorie count in it is 660 and 69 carbs , ouch.

Replies

• run_cmc
    run_cmc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Can you drink a lower-calorie drink? I've been having Skinny Girl margaritas, or plain vodka and flavored seltzer/zero calorie flavored drinks. 660 calories for 4 drinks seems like a LOT.
  • Pnut1966
    Pnut1966 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is my downfall!!!! I live life hard......work hard play hard and when I come home I feel I deserve that bottle of red wine!!!! Its so not fair!!!
  • sandyyb1
    sandyyb1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am trying to give it up completely (at least temporarily!) to see what effect it has on my STALLED weight loss. Seems no matter what I drink, wine or vodka, etc. I still cannot manage to lose no matter how well I do on my "diet".
    Good luck! :)
  • GingerDrake2015
    GingerDrake2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for something else . Where did you find the skinny girl drinks? And your right vodka strait is what 100 calories a shot?
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I guess if it is a priority in your life, make it work in your calorie allotment. It has never been a big issue with me, as I would much rather chew my calories than drink them. I have had maybe 3 glasses of wine, and a couple of Bailey's since I have been on MFP in March 2012.

You have to do what works for you. In order for this to work, we have all had to cut back on something. It is just the way it is. Maybe it's not fair, but weigh it against what you want more. To be healthier and slimmer, or drink and eat over your calorie budget. Personal choices. It is your life, do what you want, what matters most.
  • run_cmc
    run_cmc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for something else . Where did you find the skinny girl drinks? And your right vodka strait is what 100 calories a shot?

You should be able to buy them at most liquor stores- they're pre-mixed drinks with lighter-calorie tequila and mixers. IIRC they're less than 100 calories per serving.

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Pineapple Vodka - 60 calories mixed with coconut pineapple Sparkling Ice - 0 calories. http://www.sparklingice.com/product/coconut-pineapple
    Yum...