My progress so far; 42 lbs (with a pic)

Options
Mythril
Mythril Posts: 146 Member
So, I began my weight loss journey on the first of this year. About a year or two before that I had discovered keto and had lost 30 lbs, but I messed up and couldn't get back into the swing of things. But around the first of the year I decided that this is going to be the perfect time for my new beginning, and I set a goal to become stronger so that I could accomplish things I couldn't do and lose 100 lbs before the same time next year.

So I snapped the picture on the left, and I started eating keto. (That's low carb high fat moderate protein for those of you wondering. It works for me and my medical background because of my PCOS and insulin resistance.) Then, after I lost about 20 lbs I began to walk. Not much. 10 minutes a day. Then the next week 15. And the next week 20, up until I was walking 30 minutes a day. Then I began to work on speed. Then after about two months I fell out of the habit of walking and well.. I'm going to start it back up tomorrow but that's not the point. I also lifted weights for the two months I walked and saw a great improvement in my strength!

Now the things I used to dread, like standing at the stove to cook a meal without sitting down, I do effortlessly. Walking around Sam's club after church on Sunday used to be horrible on me, I would have to stop at the chairs and recover. Then I didn't need to do it anymore, without even noticing. I walk upstairs without pausing to catch my breath. I walk long distances for events (like walking from where we parked our car forever away from where we were going to watch the fireworks.) I can carry the vacuum and laundry up and down stairs because my back doesn't hurt anymore. And I posted earlier how I was able to walk around the zoo for 5 hours with only 2 or 3 short breaks. It is fantastic!

My biggest suggestion for people looking to get started who aren't sure if they can do it, or even how to begin, is this: Just start small. Watch your calories. As that begins to help you lose weight, start moving. Ten minutes at a time, add 5 each week until you can do it for longer and longer periods of time. I know what it's like to want to just jump in and how starting so small makes you feel so silly and it doesn't feel like you're accomplishing anything, but you are. You just have to keep going, grow your strength and everything else will follow.

I have 160 more pounds to lose. I am not giving up until the job is done!

ivhen84050ho.jpg

**PS I know the clothes I picked for my progress photos could have been better, but I literally took the picture last minute before I went to bed so I was stuck in my pjs. Lol! The pants are my painting pants.

Replies

• SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!!! You're doing such an awesome job. Thank you for sharing your progress!!! I had lost some weight but gained it all back because I just get discouraged when I don't see the results as fast as I'd like. I'm just starting over on my goal and have almost a 100 lbs to lose but I'm going to do what you recommended above. I set myself goals instead of just looking at the big picture. Keep up the great work!!! =)
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Well done you. Look at how loose your top has become. If you continue like this at this rate I believe you will reach your target goal in no time. Keep up the good work you're doing great. O and I can really see the difference in your face.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. You are doing so well!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Your doing well keep it up one day at a time
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • faithstimenow
    faithstimenow Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration, you are looking great!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Definite improvement lass! Small steps is a very good way to get started :-)
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wowzers! You're amazing! So inspiring!!! I love it! :smile:
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I can see a big difference in your pics. Great loss on the scale and big gains in your lifestyle. :)
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You are looking good, girl! Great job so far and wishing you much continued success! :wink:
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    What a difference, great job!
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Wow way to go! You look awesome!
  • dennshah01
    dennshah01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Keep going and don't give up, and be kind to yourself. Relish those NSVs, as they make our lives easier AND are motivating. We want to see your 100 lb loss success story next year!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • golgoroo
    golgoroo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational & great advice! You deserve some new PJs! :D
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I do deserve new PJs! Lol. I have always wanted a cute set to wear.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    very awesome, you are looking great
  • NotThatGirlAnymore
    NotThatGirlAnymore Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You're doing an amazing job & look great! I think that your PJs look comfy!! :+1: Thanks for sharing your story/pics & congrats on your many successes!
  • MiliOm
    MiliOm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, I can see it in you neck, arms, face and tummy they are all smaller, congratulations ;) Thank you for sharing your story
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work woman, way to get it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!