swimmers?

i haven't been in the pool in ages, but miss it sooo much. are you a waterbug? i dont have a swim buddy...idk if long distance buddies will help, but plz post here or add me if you swim cos B) you cool like dat.

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Swimming is the best. I did it competitively for years!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,396 Member
    I swim laps a few times a month to mix it up a bit. I usually go to the gym before work and I don't have enough time for all that so I mainly go on the weekends. I might be going in the morning though since I don't have to be at work as early as normal! Sending friend request!
  • cyberpunkme
    cyberpunkme Posts: 44 Member
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Swimming is the best. I did it competitively for years!

so cool!
  • cyberpunkme
    for me, getting to the pool is the hardest part. once im in the water, you cant get me out. :D
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    I can't recall the last time that I didn't smell (at least faintly) of chlorine! I love my water routines & I love the muscles that I have developed over the last year! Plus, so relaxed when I am done...stress just floats away!
  • MonkeyMel21
    It's hard for me to make the decision to swim. So much more fuss. It's a great work out though and I really enjoy it when I do go!
  • cyberpunkme
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    I can't recall the last time that I didn't smell (at least faintly) of chlorine! I love my water routines & I love the muscles that I have developed over the last year! Plus, so relaxed when I am done...stress just floats away!

sooo true!!!
    and ive tried a lot of stress relieving techniques. o:):D
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Jumping in here (no pun intended!) because we have a pool in our development that was don't take advantage of. I keep saying I want to start swimming for exercise but don't really know where to start.
  • MonkeyMel21
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    Jumping in here (no pun intended!) because we have a pool in our development that was don't take advantage of. I keep saying I want to start swimming for exercise but don't really know where to start.

Start with a one piece swimsuit (or a tight fitting two piece). I got mine from Academy. Get a pair of swim goggles. If you like, buy a swim cap (I use one cause I have super long hair).

Do you know all the different strokes?
  • cyberpunkme
    can you swim laps in that pool?
  • jumpybeans
    jumpybeans Posts: 71 Member
    I adore swimming. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 wrote: »

Start with a one piece swimsuit (or a tight fitting two piece). I got mine from Academy. Get a pair of swim goggles. If you like, buy a swim cap (I use one cause I have super long hair).

Do you know all the different strokes?

Not really!

picture-uh=a47b38b7ff786787a5dc8eb274c59674-ps=7384e4459c245c988c7ee9d124db427.jpg

It's not a great angle, but this is our pool. (Essentially it's square & the lifeguard sits on that little peninsula.) As far as calculating distance, I don't know the length. As far as my swimming across it, it seems long enough. :persevere:

I found this beginner routine that utilizes a kickboard.
  • cyberpunkme
    that looks long enough to kick back n forth in for a great start. so jelly of your pool!
    monkey is right. get a suit and make a splash. :D
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I hate getting wet and the smell of chlorine is pretty overwhelming. I've done water Zumba and water boot camp and liked them, though.

Being that I'm pear shaped, and hate for ppl to see me in what amounts to underpants, I got a pair of swim shorts used on ebay which makes me feel much more confident.
  • AlisonH729
    that looks long enough to kick back n forth in for a great start. so jelly of your pool!
    monkey is right. get a suit and make a splash. :D

We got out there yesterday for the first time this summer. We we're there for maybe 15 min before some kid blew chunks in it. :neutral: So it was closed for the rest of the day (and has presumably been shocked).
  • cyberpunkme
    i have found some modest swim suit sites. i sometimes use a tennis skirt. the more drag the better!