recipes

jbarring1
jbarring1 Posts: 16 Member
Can I look for recipes on myfitnesspal? I'm looking for a eggplant parmesan recipe.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    @jbarring1 , I use pinterest for recipes. I made a sausage eggplant bake this past weekend that was very nice. The stuffing was mounded over the top, let me tell you. I made it without the final topping of cheese and it was still gobbled up.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/361132463847747463/
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Does pinterest have good recipes? I'm looking for recipes where I can sneak more veggies into our diets. :wink:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    @2wise4u , that is a great idea. I will sometimes pick up a vegetable I've never tried, then go look up a recipe. To find out how many calories it is, link the recipe web page in to MFP recipe builder (don't forget to put in the portions!) and find out how much it comes out to.

Here's a recipe for cauliflower tots. Sneaky.

To lower the calorie count on any vegetable/baked recipe, reduce the cheese. Fine-grate it and use maybe a quarter what is called for. For creaminess, use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream (if like me you can't tell the difference).
  • jbarring1
    you're right greek yogurt is really good, thanks I forgot about pinterest.
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Pinterest is great. I also have pretty good luck just googling what I'm looking for.
  • Iron_Mommy
    Iron_Mommy Posts: 25 Member
    I use Pinterest daily for recipes. It's the only way I can stay organized and find new recipes to keep things fresh! I love MFP's import recipe tool, just paste the url and you're done! Makes things so much quicker.

Here's my board if anyone wants to follow it. There is a almond butter fudge recipe on there that is to die for! (and it's better than regular fudge, calorie wise!)

https://pinterest.com/iron_mommy/food-recipes-yum/
  • jbarring1
    That sounds yummy, will need to try that.