What Music Do You Listen to While Working Out??

Options
Hi Everyone! TGIF!!

So as I was doing my work out yesterday and I noticed that my play list on my ipod was not the greatest to work out too. I need upbeat music that will make me want to dance in order for me to work out with out thinking about it and wanting to give up. Is there any good music out there to work out too??? Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Replies

• KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Really depends on what kind Iof music you like, in my opinion. :)
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Really depends on what kind Iof music you like, in my opinion. :)
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    right now it is Lady GaGa's new album... born this way...
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    none

i am one of those odd people that does not enjoy music playing all the time, much as i enjoy music.
    i much prefer listening to an audio book/story, or having the tv on to a fave show (if i am at home) when working out.

*S*
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    The songs that get me running are:

Pretty much anything by the Black Eyed Peas
    Billy Idol Dancing By Myself
    ELO Mr. Blue Sky
    Killers Somebody Told Me and Mr. Brightside
    Tom Petty Running Down a Dream
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i listen to up beat hip hop.. whatever i enjoy and makes me want to move faster. :)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I listen to Rock and metal like Pantera and Disturbed
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Check out intheygym.net. Great playlists, for different workouts/genres. :)
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    During weights, I find music unnecessary, but during cardio, as a metalhead, it's been Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, Machine Head, Arch Enemy, Slipknot, Rage Against The Machine and Devildriver for me the past month. But pretty much anything that's got fast drums and shredding guitars. It also helps if it's got slow parts and then has a build up to a fast part - makes doing the build up in speed on the exercise bike much easier :)
  • Terri_74
    Terri_74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've gone back to the 80's and like listening to Madonnas Immaculate Collection!!
  • sarahlyzzibeth
    Options
    Wow, I guess I'm a weirdo! I like soft music because it doesn't make me feel rushed/stressed while I'm running. Like Josh Groban or Andrea Bocelli. If it's an upbeat song, I always try to run to the beat of the music and sometimes the rhythm isn't right for me (like it's too fast or something) and it confuses me. So smooth music! Am I the only one? :)
  • TXMayFlower
    TXMayFlower Posts: 25
    Options
    Mine is such a random variety: 80's, hip hop, rock, dance...

My favorites are:
    Man in Motion by John Parr (from St. Elmo's Fire)
    It's Raining Men by the Weather Girls
    Most of the Black Eyed Peas stuff
    Humpin' Around by Bobby Brown
    She's A Bad Mama Jama by Carl Carlton
    Burning Heart / I Can't Hold Back by Survivor

Most of these are pretty cheesy, I know. These are the ones I put on and turn up when I want to up my pace or get through the incline parts of my walk.
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Scentlessapprentice Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The Prodigy
    Chemical Brothers
    Sons and Daughters
    RATM
    SOAD
    QOTSA
    Probot
    Metallica
    Meatloaf
    Hole
    LadyHawke
  • jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    YES i agree with aehartley, Lady Gaga's new album is amazing to work out to. on the treadmill it really keeps me pushing myself trying to stick with the beat, but some songs give me a break when needed :D
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I'm all over the place, but there's a lot of Motown on my iPod!

For running, I listen to podcasts because the beat of music messes up my pacing something awful!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Nicki Minaj
    Lupe Fiasco
    MGMT
    Discovery
    The Sounds
    Metric
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I just put together an American Idol playlist, featuring my boy, James Durbin! I worked out with it at the gym yesterday. Cannot wait to try it on my 8 mile run this morning!
  • gillianjoon
    gillianjoon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Usually Slacker radio app then I can choose what sort of music according to what workout I am doing. Lots of choices:happy:
  • arwenofgondor
    Options
    I listen to high power stuff like tobymac, switchfoot, barlowgirl, britt nicole, barlowgirl, audio adreneline, janelle and tons of other stuff! Listening to music while working out is awesome!
  • St3veDurb1n
    St3veDurb1n Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i found that Daughtry's albums are really good to listen to as most are upbeat also a bit of hinder