is this normal?

Options
2»

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I can see my heart in my stomach sometimes when I'm slim. That's normal, if that's what it is.

If it's hard...when's the last time you pooped? LOL.

What?

I think they're talking about the same thing i was. You cannot see your physical heart, LOL. But you can see your stomach (especially right around the belly button) pulsing to your heart beat.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I can see my heart in my stomach sometimes when I'm slim. That's normal, if that's what it is.

If it's hard...when's the last time you pooped? LOL.

What?

I think they're talking about the same thing i was. You cannot see your physical heart, LOL. But you can see your stomach (especially right around the belly button) pulsing to your heart beat.

Oh....never even thought about it.
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Medic here. Slim people can feel a pulse in their abdomen because of the aorta that comes down off your heart to feed blood to your legs. Less fat in the way and you can feel it. However, it should not ever be a mass you can feel externally with your hands. A mass that pulsates indicates an aneurysm in the aorta (a bulge coming out of the aorta due to high pressure, genetics, sometimes traumatic damage). This bulge can look like part of a ballon animal (I love visuals, lol) and it's dangerous because it can rupture unexpectedly and cause massive bleeding into your abdomen. The hernia is also an option, however less likely to cause pulsing. Lay flat and do a sit up. If it's a hernia you might be able to see a muscle jump and appear flexed in an awkward position from normal. Go to your doc and get checked please!
  • Wildstorms
    Wildstorms Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Did you go to the dr?