New Year Resolution

Options
Has anyone ever made one, and kept it?

I used to not believe that people ever kept them... till I saw two guy friends of mine and one girl friend who made different resolutions and kept them right up till midnight of the starting next year.
I have never kept mine, but I realize now that mine were always sort of general, or somewhat impossible (or at least ambitious)... One guy friend didn't drink any soda for 2008... our other friend didn't add salt for 2008... and my girl friend didn't drink Starbucks for all of 2003 and 2004--unless someone else paid :) They all kept them...

So I decided that I will make one goal in regards to my physical body:

I will loose 35 lbs. this year.

I don't think that is unrealistic, do you guys? I have a plan... and I know it is possible because I have already been doing it slowly... Now I have a clear goal for this one year.

Do any of you have a resolution you would like to share?

Happy New Years to all of you! God Bless you all...

Replies

• figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

I used to not believe that people ever kept them... till I saw two guy friends of mine and one girl friend who made different resolutions and kept them right up till midnight of the starting next year.
    I have never kept mine, but I realize now that mine were always sort of general, or somewhat impossible (or at least ambitious)... One guy friend didn't drink any soda for 2008... our other friend didn't add salt for 2008... and my girl friend didn't drink Starbucks for all of 2003 and 2004--unless someone else paid :) They all kept them...

I don't think that is unrealistic, do you guys? I have a plan... and I know it is possible because I have already been doing it slowly... Now I have a clear goal for this one year.

• renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    This year I plan on getting healthier and more fit so I can keep up with my 4 year old daughter and to be a better person all around!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I don't think that's unrealistic. I lost 54 pounds in 6 months so 35 should be doable.

I got complacent and let 15 creep back on, but I'm back in the saddle again. :ohwell:

Good luck! :flowerforyou: