UK!!! advice on FAT burners (tablets)

Options
does anyone use fat burners , do they work? any recommendations of ones to use that can be bought in the uk/ England. haven't got much weight to loose just seem to be plateauing no matter what I try. I work out almost every day doing cardio . any advice appreciated.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No. They do not work. You know what does? A caloric deficit.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ask yourself - IF they worked, why are there still overweight people? :|
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    No. Absolutely no. You need to be eating at a caloric deficit.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    No, Nein, Nyet!!!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Unless they're prescribed by your doctor, they're absolute rubbish. Even then the effect is negligible. Just stick to the basics like counting calories, eating less/moving more etc. This might help:
    j5jfkpi6y3qr.jpg
  • michellenewton1502
    michellenewton1502 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know they wouldn't work if you had a lot to loose ,im NOT fat but just carnt shift a few stubbourn pounds
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I know they wouldn't work if you had a lot to loose ,im NOT fat but just carnt shift a few stubbourn pounds

They don't work at all.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

Still won't work. The only thing that works is eating at a deficit.

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. The closer you get to your goal weight, the harder it is to lose. Go back up and read the chart that was posted for you.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of very dangerous 'fat burning' pills out there at the moment, look up Eloise Parry who died a few months ago from taking them, there are lots of other scary stories out there too.
    It's really not worth risking your health for something that will at best be a short term fix.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Nope

Waste of money, time and hope
  • michellenewton1502
    michellenewton1502 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks think ive just saved 30 quid then :) glad I asked before I clicked buy !!!!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    It was in the UK recently that that girl bought "fat burners" online...they burned all right - they burned her to death from the inside!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Try lifting some heavy weights along with your cardio. You may not lose the pounds but you could well lose the inches. Otherwise as the other posters have said you need to stay in a calorie deficit.