How do other working mom's do it...find time?

Options
124»

Replies

• jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have only 1 child who's a year old but i work out during her naps. I work out 5 days a week

Here's my results with just 30-60min of exercise a day from at home and at the gym when I can f19e4wg4s6x3.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jaymie_x0 wrote: »
    I have only 1 child who's a year old but i work out during her naps. I work out 5 days a week

Here's my results with just 30-60min of exercise a day from at home and at the gym when I can f19e4wg4s6x3.jpg

She's a working mom. I doubt she's home when the baby naps.

OP, you're wasting too much time in the morning. Your husband is old enough (I assume? lol) to pack his own lunch! I don't understand what you do between 5 and 7. It takes me 15 minutes to get ready in the morning, and 10 minutes to pack my kids lunches.

Also if you take care of dinner, cleaning, and the kids' bath, your husband should do bedtime, that way you would have a bit more time to get things ready for the morning so you can workout after feeding the baby in the morning.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I'm a working mom to 3 young kids - 5, 3 and 2. I keep active with them in the evenings/weekends and get up early to workout. I make the time for exercise as it not only improves my mood and stress level but also my body. :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    I'm a working mom to 3 young kids - 5, 3 and 2. I keep active with them in the evenings/weekends and get up early to workout. I make the time for exercise as it not only improves my mood and stress level but also my body. :)

It definitely improves my mood, and the time I exercise is the only time I get to myself. I think I'd have gone insane without my gym sessions lol.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    jaymie_x0 wrote: »

Here's my results with just 30-60min of exercise a day from at home and at the gym when I can

She's a working mom. I doubt she's home when the baby naps.

OP, you're wasting too much time in the morning. Your husband is old enough (I assume? lol) to pack his own lunch! I don't understand what you do between 5 and 7. It takes me 15 minutes to get ready in the morning, and 10 minutes to pack my kids lunches.

Also if you take care of dinner, cleaning, and the kids' bath, your husband should do bedtime, that way you would have a bit more time to get things ready for the morning so you can workout after feeding the baby in the morning.

Ha - I get it. I leave myself 3+ hours in the morning for:
    Getting up,
    • brushing teeth, changing, etc. 20 min
    • Working out 1 hr
    • Waking up kids, starting coffee 10 min
    • Walking the dog 5 min
    • Coaxing the dog around the block and away from mysterious smells, other dogs, bugs, bunnies and squirrels 15 min
    • Yelling at the kids to get their #$%! clothes on 10 min
    • Fixing the kids breakfast 10 min
    • Making the kids lunch 10 min
    • Arguing with the kids about said breakfast/lunch 5 min
    • Drinking my cold cup of coffee 5 min
    • Getting me ready 25 min
    • Asking the kids why the he!! they haven't finished getting ready yet 5 min
    • Reminding the kids that they need shoes to walk to the bus and tracking down said shoes 10 min
    • Getting the kids on the bus 5 min
    • Grabbing my bag and purse, securing the dog in her area, leave 5 min

All that being said, there is clearly room for improvement in my morning schedule, but I do still make working out my first priority in the morning (after brushing my teeth, much to the thanks of my husband), and it's a priority because I consciously make that decision every morning. I bet you could too. You certainly don't need an hour for a workout, even 30 minutes is great.
  • nat_meister
    nat_meister Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess! My son is 6 so I've got it easier than you. I work full time as well, but I'm lucky to have a gym at the clubhouse of my community. I've been going to the gym after my son goes to bed (around 9PM). I catch up on a show or two while doing cardio, so it hits two birds with one stone. Maybe your husband can bring your older one to swimming lessons and you can take the baby in the stroller for a run/walk? It seems like that's your free time unless you sacrifice sleep, which isn't the best option when you have so much to do.

Or maybe ask the hubs if he can do bath/bed time a couple nights a week so you can use that as your work out time?

Wishing you nothing but luck.