down 50 lbs 3 months :)

Options
2»

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    No pic, OP hasn't come back to the thread, just joined last night...I call troll!
  • francoisd90
    francoisd90 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Pictures or it didn't happen ! B)
  • roquelle
    roquelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm hoping I can do the same...keep it up!
  • dwozniak16
    dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great success!
    Keep up the great work!

• rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • rachelbyrne349
    rachelbyrne349 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic, I need to know how you did it...any tips for me pleeease ?
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    ano463s wrote: »
    tibby531 wrote: »
    shell1005 wrote: »
    SuseAndo26 wrote: »
    Steelkid wrote: »
    That's great! Try not to let your calories ever get under 1,200. Congrats!

Why is this? :smile:

Because it's unhealthy. Because you are much more likely to lose heaps of lean muscle mass along with the fat.

and you don't learn healthy habits to keep the weight off once you stop overdoing it.

I was a little confused on the original comment, just because I didn't see a reference to calories or an open diary. Maybe just being suspicious about the amount of weight loss over the time period? Either way, it's a good discussion topic (though possibly unrelated to this post if OP didn't go that low).

I also didn't see a height anywhere on the original post... Since it doesn't apply to everyone, I wouldn't expect everyone to view it this way, but some of us short women have much smaller allowances, so it's possible for us to go under 1200 without being in dangerous/unhealthy/overly large deficit zones. I'm not talking about severely below (MFP does give warnings that you've gone too low starting at <1000 for women), but eating at 1200 or so (with days where we don't quite meet the 1200, therefore going under) doesn't really do us any harm, and can teach us the portion sizes that our bodies will need down the road (which, even when brought back up to maintenance, will still be lower than what most others will have).

It can be easily compared to someone going for a 1.5lb/week loss with a goal of 1500 calories who happens to eat 1450 one day. That kind of additional deficit is not going to get them to 2lb/week, and certainly is below the "goal" amount listed, but barring other difficulties, it's not dangerous in any way. If that person goes down to 1200, that might be a bigger concern, but it's all relative.

regardless of height or age, losing 50 pounds in 90 days is not healthy, and does not encourage good lifestyle habits.
    No pic, OP hasn't come back to the thread, just joined last night...I call troll!

I'll second that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!