How many times am I going to start over?

Options
kimike09
kimike09 Posts: 3 Member
I have never posted on here before but thought I would try it. I am on day 1 AGAIN. I have lost and gained back 50-60 lbs. twice after each baby and have managed to gain it back this time without being pregnant. Every Monday I try to start eating healthy, lose a couple pounds and then the weekend hits and I can't seem to be good. I seem to have an all or nothing mentality. If I cheat, I just finish the day eating anything not nailed down. I am 5'5" and am 267, the heaviest I have ever been. I am so tired of failing. I am so tired of not being an active mom to my boys. I am tired of feeling bad about myself. I am just tired and am desperately wanting to succeed. I would love a friend or two to help me be accountable or any advice to help me!

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    The best thing is just not to leave. The people who stay on Weight Watchers for a lifetime are successful. If you see you gain easily, then the best thing is to watch your diet and exercise. I'm not saying never go to parties and never eat out. But allow for that.
  • whatthehellamidoing
    whatthehellamidoing Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey i can help:), I weigh 211 lbs right now, its just mental the weight loss. I can be your guide if you let me :) to as much as i know. But don't worry if youve done it once you'll do it again :). Its been a month i have been on stall, but im waiting it out, because i know my numbers are right and im eating right. Im sending you an FR
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Ultimately, it comes down to your decisions and choices. Overeating is going to derail your weight loss plans.

My friends have been reading, When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair by Geneen Roth and have given it rave reviews for her common sense approach to addressing binge eating and emotional eating.

9566339.png
  • TheNatKitchen
    TheNatKitchen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey, I can relate! I'm starting over today for what seems like the millionth time. I weighed myself over the weekend and realized that I'm back up to my post-baby weight, but my baby is almost four. And I too fall off the wagon on the weekends... It's a challenge. I know so much about nutrition, but then I binge like crazy! I'm also really sedentary, partly because I'm a full-time student and have to sit a lot to study. The other part is that I'm really out of shape, and its embarrassing to be gasping for air and dripping with sweat over what appears to be really effortless for others. Besides wanting to look better, I really want to be healthy and feel great. I have two sons, and I want to be an active mom for them as well!

Would you like a buddy? We could hold each other accountable. Maybe we could agree to check in with each other on here, and keep the motivation going. Let me know what you think! I don't usually reach out for any sort of social support, but maybe that's part of what I'm doing wrong.

Either way, good luck!
    Nat
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing and it frustrates me soo much. I'm going to focus on my maintenance for a couple weeks to see how my body responds. After that I'll change up my intake and add the gym back in. Weight loss is a struggle but we can do it. Feel free to add me.
  • KingPonzo
    KingPonzo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again today myself. Maybe we can help each other. I get stuck and just lose confidence. The most weight I've lost was 30lbs I'm ready to take my time this time. I know I can't lose weight over night.
  • kimike09
    kimike09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouraging words and for sharing your story. It helps me to hear I'm not the only one. I feel like I am a very strong woman and it frustrates me so bad to not have a handle on my weight! Good luck to each of you :)
  • mvseguin1005
    mvseguin1005 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am in my third try.. But its the charm right?! I am in the same boat as everyone above.. I have a three year old and I lost weight to get pregnant and just can't seem to get back to where I was . Food is a comfort when my life is rocky.. A lot going on.. So I'm hoping this is the last time I try and the first time I succeed in my goal.
  • pomotorfashionstudentblogger
    Options
    It amazing your not giving up.Keep on pushing to get to your goals.We all fail getting somewhere.I promise once you push through the pain it will be worth it.Normally, watching your diet .Drinking green tea before a meal will decrease your craving.
  • Monarose
    Monarose Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Same here. I am starting, again. I always start off well, but get derailed easily. I actually have almost the exact same stats as you, just slightly taller. I too, am back at post baby weight and he's 7! I know what I am supposed to be doing and during the week it's all good. The last two weeks I have worked out every night during the week and then the weekend comes. We drink, there's goes my caloric intake and my will power to not eat everything at 2am. But this weekend in particular, I tracked the calories from the booze, almost 2,000, just Saturday! That's my biggest problem but I also fall back very easily and get off track. Next thing I know, it's three months later and my step tracker is collecting dust. I know all the right things to do but life just gets away from us. Feel free to add me, looking for some motivation myself