Isagenix 30 day cleanse

Options
ajules29
ajules29 Posts: 7 Member
hello, my name is Julie and I am a 27 year old Northern California native. The past two years I have been working my butt off to purchase my first home in sept 2014. Recently I have switched jobs and was working close to 136 hours a pay period for 6 months!! Within the past two years and especially in the last 6 month I have gained weight. I am at the heaviest I have ever weight, over 210. 2012 I was the lowest I ever weighed as an adult at 169. My short term goal is to get under 200 and long term goal is to be 180. Looking back at pictures of me At 180 if felt like a whale or felt I was massive. But now, I wish I weighed that again. I do work night shift so starting isagenix might be a little hard. I was told to start it from the time you wake up to start your day. I usually don't stick to things for more than 2 weeks but I am bound and determined to finish the full 30 days. My goal for this discussion is to share my experience and see who has similar ones.. On isagenix or any other products.

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Welcome aboard and good for you!

MFP is unique that you'll get some very honest, sometime harsh, but very to the point answers cutting through all the marketing BS from the diet industry.

Water is the best "cleanser" out there. Don't waste your money on such products as most are nothing but diuretics. Sure you'll lose weight in the short term, but it will come back as soon as you're off the product.

Stick to the basics within MFP and review the lists of "Most helpful threads" in the forums. Some really great advice on calorie counting and how to succeed in the long term.

Start with this one:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Enjoy!

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Cleanse? What do you need to cleanse your body of?

Your liver, kidneys and skin 'cleanse' your system 24/7... well at least I hope they do.

No need to spend your hard earned money on trash OP.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I did two 30 day Isagenix cleanses consecutively back in 2005, although trailed off and cheated quite a bit on the second one. I went from 230 down to 205 and felt great. I ended gaining all the weight back and then some as i reverting to my crappy diet and no exercise. My thoughts on Isagenix:

1. The two "cleanse" days are torturous and really caused me to quit the program. What I know now is you can pace yourself much better and just make sure you are burning more cals than consuming. You don't need to starve yourself. But it may be a good way to "jump start" your new program, if that makes sense. I would only do one 30-day program.
    2. I liked the shakes and they were an easy way for me (poor diet, picky eater) to control my calories. I now use GNC lean shakes as they are less expensive and better IMO.
    3. The "toxins" effect that Isagenix targets has been debunked by others. Do a google search on it.
    4. The 30-day packages were pricey and you can find similar products at your local vitamin, health, gnc location.

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    No. Run the other direction. Don't spend your money and get fooled by all these MLM schemes.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    this is my standard advice:

1. Enter stats into MFP and set for x amount of weight loss.
    2. Eat to the number that MFP gives you.
    3. get a food scale and weigh all solid foods, and as many liquids as possible.
    4. log everything
    5. make sure that you are using correct MFP database entries
    6. realize that there are no bad foods and that while the majority of foods should come from nutrient dense sources, there is nothing wrong with having pizza, ice cream, cookies, etc, as long as ones micro and macro needs are met.
    7. macro setting are typically .85 grams of protein per pound of body weight; .45 grams of fat per pound of body weight; fill in rest with carbs.
    8. find a form of exercise that you like and do it < not necessary for weight loss, but is for overall health and body comp.

I would also recommend the below sticky:

sidesteels guide:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • ndj1979
    Options
    and you don't need a cleanse..your body naturally does that on its own ..
  • murf_555
    murf_555 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    People above have made very good points. If you would like to read an article written by someone far more knowledgeable than myself, see:
    https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

Here is the persons bio: https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/contributors/scott-gavura-bscphm-mba-rph/

Best book I have ever read on the topic of dieting is "the Diet Fix". Its not a fad diet, it's simply timeless advice on how to get the most out of your weight loss efforts and more importantly how to change habbits that would sabotage your weight loss 'after your diet'.

Best of luck which ever you choose to do.
  • ajules29
    Options
    Thanks all for your helpful tips. I use to be very active before, ran, played raquet ball, went to the gym regularly. I did a 15 day smoothie challenge with one of my coworkers where we substituted one smoothie a day with a meal. I'm only doing this program to jump start my weight loss. Now that I have a routine, normal hours, and the ability to do so I want to lose weight and then maintain from there. I guess a quick fix. My best friend is a beach body consultant and I did try that because I don't want to have to focus on the food aspect right now. That will be the next step. I agree with some point made about gaining the weight back but we are all human and I have done that many times in my life.

I have already purchased the product and stated so I rather not waste my money and throw it in the trash just get. I'll definitely keep those links in mind for when I'm ready to use them. Thanks
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ajules29 wrote: »
    Thanks all for your helpful tips. I use to be very active before, ran, played raquet ball, went to the gym regularly. I did a 15 day smoothie challenge with one of my coworkers where we substituted one smoothie a day with a meal. I'm only doing this program to jump start my weight loss. Now that I have a routine, normal hours, and the ability to do so I want to lose weight and then maintain from there. I guess a quick fix. My best friend is a beach body consultant and I did try that because I don't want to have to focus on the food aspect right now. That will be the next step. I agree with some point made about gaining the weight back but we are all human and I have done that many times in my life.

I have already purchased the product and stated so I rather not waste my money and throw it in the trash just get. I'll definitely keep those links in mind for when I'm ready to use them. Thanks

you wasted your money the second your bought it.

and there is no "jump starting" weight loss...
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

you wasted your money the second your bought it.

This. The only way to start your weight loss is a calorie deficit. This will not speed the process.
  • tuneable_cookie
    tuneable_cookie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know someone who has had some success with isagenix - lost fair amount of weight fairly quickly... and another who tried but has not completed the program. I have not tried it myself (nor any interest to). From my understanding it is very expensive, and extremely tough to follow (both the successful and failed individuals have commented on this. they also mentioned the bowel movements are NOT pleasant at all.) The reason it worked, is because the person was consuming less calories to what they needed to maintain. I am currently eating all food under a calorie and portion aware change in lifestyle - something that is sustainable, nutritious, and a healthy balance. I am losing an average of 1kg a week without exercising (due to allowing spinal injury to heal). I have found not only has being aware resulted in positive weight loss, but financially we are spending less on food, not wasting as much, or ordering in excess when having a night out. You do not need to do expensive quick fix diets to achieve success. consistancy, commitment, calorie/portion/nutrition awareness is all you need.
  • ajules29
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive thoughts
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I did Isagenix in 2005 and lost 25 lbs in 7 weeks and that is not sticking to it 100%. It's combination of VERY LOW calorie with my increase in exercise contributed to the loss. I would have certainly called that a "jump start" if I continued exercising and went to a sensible calorie deficit diet that one can maintain over a longer period.

The cleanse days (basically no meals for 2 consecutive days every 9 days) were dreadful and not realistic and I gave up and gave up exercise.

I would not purchase it again b/c of cost, the dreadful cleanse days and that you can get similar products (meal replacement shakes, supplements, etc) via other means besides their MLM program. But there's no denying I got some short-lived results. My own fault for not adapting my lifestyle outside of doing the Isagenix program.

• HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    One of my fellow derby girls sells this and all her FB statuses are about Isogenix. I came upon this post while looking into it and it seems like I'll get better results the old fashioned way.
  • dinah1119
    dinah1119 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just restarted Isagenix. I feel really good on the products. The 2 consecutive days for cleanse are optional - maybe that's new since you did it. I don't do a full day of cleanse. I cleanse and then eat a light meal at dinner, and only once per week. Everyone needs to find what works for them. :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    hello, my name is Julie and I am a 27 year old Northern California native. The past two years I have been working my butt off to purchase my first home in sept 2014. Recently I have switched jobs and was working close to 136 hours a pay period for 6 months!! Within the past two years and especially in the last 6 month I have gained weight. I am at the heaviest I have ever weight, over 210. 2012 I was the lowest I ever weighed as an adult at 169. My short term goal is to get under 200 and long term goal is to be 180. Looking back at pictures of me At 180 if felt like a whale or felt I was massive. But now, I wish I weighed that again. I do work night shift so starting isagenix might be a little hard. I was told to start it from the time you wake up to start your day. I usually don't stick to things for more than 2 weeks but I am bound and determined to finish the full 30 days. My goal for this discussion is to share my experience and see who has similar ones.. On isagenix or any other products.

Thanks for reading!

Save your money and read the first post in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options

Focusing on the food aspect IS THE WAY to lose weight correctly and sustainably. The likely reason for weight gain is because people didn't focus on the food, but on the products they were taking.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and use up what you have but I would def not recommend spending any more money on that stuff. If you need protein supplements for before your workouts, there are plenty of economical and good protein shakes out there with vitamins added that are not sold by sleazy multilevel marketing companies. I've found Amazon to be the cheapest place. The one I like is $18 with free shipping on Amazon but $25 at Walgreens!