Operation 5 km, 5 pounds, 30 day Challenge. You In?

Options
I'll try update here too! I think the more the merrier. I blog over at One Twenty Five (website: http://one-twenty-five.tumblr.com) so you can follow along there, or here! YAY. Let's all get sexy.
----

It’s simple, the name of the game is to lose 5 pounds, and run a 5k (for your 1st time and/or injury free and/or speed up your time) in 30 days, and y’all are more than welcome to join me. The deets are to follow (oh ma blogg!), but before I give them, I’ll tell you my story;

In the past few weeks, despite wanting to still lose weight, I have really not cared what I’ve eaten, how much I exercised, or how lazy I’ve been. Whatever, I’ll start tomorrow, I look okay, not horrid, not da-bomb, but whatever, food is delicious, and I want to eat it, and thus you and your mother can stop judging me. And, of course, as my body is just like every other body in this world, I’ve gained weight. Like, a lot of weight. And what do you know? my clothes are tight, the skip in my step has gone, and the horrid circle of self-hate continues: gain-weight, eat more, be lazy, meh, I’ll start tomorrow.

BUT, tomorrow is actually Wednesday, June 1, 2011.

That’s right, next Wednesday I have a plan! a commitment, a pledge to myself and to you; To lose 5 pounds in 30 days and to run a 5k (injury free!). I’ll be starting from scratch with my 5k, as if I’ve never run before, as I’m injured and need to build my muscles up slowly, so don’t let the, but-she-ran-two-full-marathons thing get in your way of joining me.

I’m going to follow the Paleo Diet (full, extensive, post on this to come), and obvs you can do that too OR whatever you think will work well for you and your bod. Really, at the end of the day it’ll simply come down to not being stupid. We all already know how to lose weight, we just choose not to.

But here’s the thing, and I truly say this to myself as much as I do you, you can’t just say, “yes! I want to lose 5 pounds and run a 5k,” because obviously everyone does. You need to think about it. Commit to it. Like, right now, if there was McDonalds french fries, or free cookies in front of you, would you take one? You really have to shut your eyes and imagine the situation, if you know you’ll take one (and honestly? right now I so would) you’re not ready. That’s why I’m writing this now, think about it, the start date is June 1, 2011; 5 pounds and a 5k, are you willing to make sacrifices? It’s 30 days of your life, food and the couch will be waiting for you in July.

This is for people who need to lose 100+ pounds, or the last 10. I think it’ll be fun. I need a good kick in my *kitten* *kitten*, as I’ve been terribly lazy and unhealthy lately. I’ll be posting the Paleo plan this weekend, as well as the 5k training schedule, which y’all can download online too (plus the marathon and half schedules: coming soon!).

Once you’re ready, leave a comment or reply (bute note, I can’t respond to tumblr replies) if you wish, about why you think you’re ready, why you want to, or something like that.

No one will lose your weight for you, so why not start now? Let’s get sexy for Summer 2011 and do something good for ourselves for one, simple, month.

I'll try update here too! I think the more the merrier. I blog over at One Twenty Five (website: http://one-twenty-five.tumblr.com) so you can follow along there, or here! YAY. Let's all get sexy.

Replies

• misshella
    misshella Posts: 1
    Options
    To lose 5 pounds in June is my goal as well. I am also trying to strengthen my running. So I would love to do this challenge with you.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    hmm..why not take this challenge. I know I do better when I have a challenge and a goal. I already had a goal to run 500km by EOY. THis challenge will help me get to the goal faster. Also, I have to lose 20+ lbs to get to my goal weight. To have my stats clear, let me repost with my current 5K time and current weight. For initial recording, I'll do the 5K tomm (because I have already signed-up for my fav Zumba class today) and weigh-in as well (I might have lost some weight this week).

Looking forward to the challenge. Cheers to the challenge group!!
  • OneTwentyFive
    Options
    Excellent! Welcome! :)
  • uk1bigblue
    uk1bigblue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm in too. Started training for 5K about 1 month ago. How many days a week will you train? Not running the hole way yet, but I'm working on it.
  • OneTwentyFive
    Options
    We'll be doing 3 running days a week, and then 1 "gym" day, which could be anything you want, as long as your bum isn't horizontal or stagnant! :)

I'll post more deets here: http://one-twenty-five.tumblr.com soon!
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the weight loss & an attempt at the run. I pushed myself to do C25K too early in my journey and am fighting the fun IT Band & knee pain. Lets go for it!
  • missay_
    missay_ Posts: 29
    Options
    i'm in! it's time to kick some *kitten* :D
  • shimmergal
    Options
    Week 1 (5/29-6/4) Update: I did my 5K as a part of the challenge yesterday. It took me 36 mins. I will use my signature to keep track on the tally for each week.
  • helen8297
    helen8297 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in, ive lost about 8 or so lbs so far but its become a little stagnant, time to kick off again!
  • shimmergal
    Options
    Looks like this challenge intiator is no longer tracking/updating. I was looking for this kind of a challenge. LOL! I guess I am on my own.