i have to fight off the old me coming back...

Options
So this week i lost NOTHING. and i think it is due to my recent lack of motivation. I came into this thing with lots of amped motivation and strive to be that thin hottie that i always wanted to be. lately i have noticed myself being more carefree when it comes to little but sinful snacks. i have not been as strict with myself about the foods that I should be eating or the portions that are JUST RIGHT for me.

Honestly, Im scared. I dont want to go back into a vicious cycle. I need my motivation back. I need all the energy back that I had before.

Replies

• lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    WE all struggle with the old self everyday, don't beat yourself up about it. Realizing that this is an issue and what you are doing is the first step to correcting it! Just think about how bad you felt before and how much better you are looking and feeling. This is not easy and we all know what you are going through. Reach out for support and start anew! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • promiseskept
    promiseskept Posts: 119
    Options
    Agreed. Get your thoughts in line now so that when you are 47 you aren't still fighting it. This is a wonderful journey to get our bodies to its maximum benefits, in looks, energy and health. Do not look back. Win in the end!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing this last week. I could have written this post, word for word. I'm doing the best I can to stay on track, and I think I may just be getting "bored" so I'm trying to switch up my routine a bit, hoping that will be just what I need. You can do this, just stay focused. Don't lose sight of your goal. Surround yourself with positive, motivating people! And whenever you don't feel like working out, just do it, because you'll thank yourself after!
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, the person who doesn't cheat, ate 3 pieces of cake this week over two days.....grrr, it's time to get our movitvation back. Hang in there, you are in the "hundreds" now, now lets shoot for the "80's"...... we can do this!:drinker:
  • dekarlo08
    dekarlo08 Posts: 102
    Options
    The entire month of April was a wash for me but I got back up and pushed forward. You CAN do it. You WILL find a way through!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • crispywalker
    crispywalker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!! I also had a tough week... but guess what.. each day is a new day... my "little" goal is to make sure (even if I slip up) get on myfitnesspal and write all of it down and keep going... tracking has helped me keep off 41 lbs/// and sometimes I go up or down 2-3 lbs... but keep it in check... look at the big picture (or perhaps the "little picture" of what you wish to achive.) YOU GO GIRL!!!!!
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I honestly know where you're coming from exactly. I treat myself to things I shouldn't have because, hey I've lost weight! But...obviously that's not going to have the results we want or need.
  • nancymmorris
    nancymmorris Posts: 310
    Options
    I felt this same way for the last two days. I forced my way back on track today, but I am really not feeling the motivation I have felt for the last 3 months. I am going to change things up this next week and see if that helps. (new exercise and some small tweeks in my foods).
    Hope you find your motivation!!