WILL I STILL LOSE SOME WEIGHT?

Options
I haven't been able to exercise for a little over a week because of a pretty busy schedule, i haven't been eating the best foods but not the worst either. I'm also staying below my calories every day, will i still lose weight?

Also, i wonder if my BMR is correct, i am 5'11, 200lbs and 28 years old. MFP calculates my daily calories at 2003 and i'm normally always below that or i'll be just around the 2003 calorie area.

I'm just worried that due to my lack of exercise that i won't lose any weight.

Thank You!

Replies

• pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    CICO.

But out of curiosity, why 2003? Why not 2000 or 2005?
  • jaysanchez4
    jaysanchez4 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    CICO.

Sorry it's actually 2010 calories a day and i'm actually not too knowledgable on CICO.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Exercise is good for your health and will help you lose weight, but you can lose without it. Of course you can. :)
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Exercise is good for your health and will help you lose weight, but you can lose without it. Of course you can. :)

Really? I'm hoping to get back into it tomorrow. I've still managed to stay below my calories every day.

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    CICO.

Sorry it's actually 2010 calories a day and i'm actually not too knowledgable on CICO.

Calories in vs. Calories out. That's all that matters. Exercise is for fitness.
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    CICO.

So as long as i am eating below my calories every day, i will lose weight?

Thank You !
  • pollypocket1021
    Options
    CICO.

That still seems like a little specific of a number.

Your MFP goal has a deficit built in. So if you are at that number (before exercise) you should lose weight. Calories in (food) has to be less than calories out (energy used for breathing, cellular function, movement, etc).

So yes, you will still lose weight. Exercise is not required for weight loss calorie deficit is.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    CICO.

Thank You !

If your logging is precise, yes.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    exercise burns calories as well, so it can be an influential factor in weight loss, although a calorific deficit from consumption alone will suffice.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I lost all of my weight without exercising. It wasn't until I was close to goal weight that I started exercising so you're good as long as you're eating under your calories. It's all about CICO.
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    CICO.

Your MFP goal has a deficit built in. So if you are at that number (before exercise) you should lose weight. Calories in (food) has to be less than calories out (energy used for breathing, cellular function, movement, etc).

So yes, you will still lose weight. Exercise is not required for weight loss calorie deficit is.

I inputed my correct Height, Weight and Age and 2010 is the number it gave me as a goal every day.
  • pollypocket1021
    Options
    CICO.

Thank You !

And accurate.
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    CICO.

Thank You !

And accurate.

I log everything i eat as accurately as i can!
  • 999tigger
    Options
    If you were at deficit, then youll be fine, but dont forget OP that weight loss results arent instantaneous and weight loss is not linear. Just keep delivering consistent deficits and it will go down over time. Worry less.
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    If you were at deficit, then youll be fine, but dont forget OP that weight loss results arent instantaneous and weight loss is not linear. Just keep delivering consistent deficits and it will go down over time. Worry less.

Thank You, my biggest problem is that i worry a lot; about every little thing i eat. I eat below my calories every day but sometimes i'm not always eating the best food. Today i had a whole chicken shawarma plate, with chicken rice, potatoes, salad, garlic and hummus, etc etc. I ate the whole thing which was around 1000 calories and i was still below my calories for the day.

I've been using MFP for about 48 days and have lost almost 15lbs. My goal is to lose another 10-12.

Thanks for everyone's help!
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    CICO.

Perform calculations on the Mifflin St Jeor formula based on your stats. Count your zeros.
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    CICO.

Perform calculations on the Mifflin St Jeor formula based on your stats. Count your zeros.

Thanks! I will look into that soon!

• 999tigger
    Options

Thank You, my biggest problem is that i worry a lot; about every little thing i eat. I eat below my calories every day but sometimes i'm not always eating the best food. Today i had a whole chicken shawarma plate, with chicken rice, potatoes, salad, garlic and hummus, etc etc. I ate the whole thing which was around 1000 calories and i was still below my calories for the day.

I've been using MFP for about 48 days and have lost almost 15lbs. My goal is to lose another 10-12.

Whilst its true you only need a calorific deficit for weight loss, you should at some stage look into nutrition and what you are eating. You might want to consider a healthy balanced diet for long term health.

The reason not to worry over every little thing is it makes you unhappy and it does very little good. That means its not helpful.
  • jaysanchez4
    Options

Whilst its true you only need a calorific deficit for weight loss, you should at some stage look into nutrition and what you are eating. You might want to consider a healthy balanced diet for long term health.

The reason not to worry over every little thing is it makes you unhappy and it does very little good. That means its not helpful.

Thank You, yes i will start to eat more fruits and vegetables and always stay under my calories.

Thank You, a lot of useful and helpful information as always.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    CICO.

MFP gives different numbers based on gender, activity, current weight, and weekly goal. I'm not sure why you're hung up on that and potentially confusing the new person.

OP, you will lose weight without exercise, as long as you have a calorie deficit. However, you might not have the physique you're looking for when you arrive at your goal weight.