Just had a baby.. any suggestions on loosing the baby weight

Options
Does anyone have suggestions on how to loose my baby weight and get my flat stomach back?!
Im a mother to a 17 month old and a 1 month old.
I weighed 118 before my first, 140 before my second and am at 162 right now.

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I have heard that exercise and eating healthy can help. Cardio helps tone your belly. Good luck!
  • rgsmi
    rgsmi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you're nursing keep it up---that burns 500 calories per day. Doesn't help with muscle tone, but the calories fly off.
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    6 weeks is the normal post partum period. So wait for 2 more weeks before you start worrying about losing weight and deciding on how many calories you need to cut and how much exercise you need to do. Losing 1lbs/week is healthy that would mean cutting 500 calories.
  • mrskburrell
    Options
    Nurse your baby I was smaller than where I was before I was pregnant from nursing along and I didn't even work out at all before.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    6 weeks is the normal post partum period. So wait for 2 more weeks before you start worrying about losing weight and deciding on how many calories you need to cut and how much exercise you need to do. Losing 1lbs/week is healthy that would mean cutting 500 calories.
    Exactly what I was gonna say. Right now your baby needs a healthy mama who is taking it easy and recovering from the enormous work of giving birth. Gentle moves like pelvic tilts are fine, but anything more vigorous could cause harm to your body. You can, however, focus on healthy eating and staying within your calories.....but adding 300 extra to accomodate breastfeeding, if you are doing that. Good luck, and congrats on your precious new baby!:flowerforyou:
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    Cardio, Cardio, Cardio!! Go for LOTS of walks, pushing the little ones in a stroller is good. Get a healthy diet. Lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, lean meats. Try to have a glass of water every hour, it helps make you feel full. GOOD LUCK! :smile:
    If you need encouragement feel free to add me as a fitness pal
  • akane1087
    akane1087 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Those were all very helpful tips! I already had my post delivery check up at 4 weeks. I had it at 6 weeks with my first. Im not sure if they did it earlier this time because it was a different doctor or if it was because this was my second child. But since i was already checked im ready to get back in shape! I already started riding the bike for 15 minutes and doing turbo jam. I would love to take the girls for walks but its been almost a 100 degrees where i live so i cant take my newborn out in this weather =/ I like the idea of drinking a glass of water every hour! Its hard for me to drink so much water but that will help me eat less! Does anyone have any ideas of specific exercise I can do to flatten my tummy?