10 Benefits of Drinking Coffee - For you COFFEE LOVERS!

Options
Just don't load your coffee with refined sugar ;)

1) Coffee and energy levels

Coffee helps people feel less tired and increases energy levels. Caffeine is the stimulant which does this by travelling to the brain and blocks an inhibitory neurotransmitter called Adenosine. Many controlled studies have shown that coffee improves many aspects of brain function including memory, mood, energy levels, and reaction times.

2) Coffee and physical performance

Caffeine helps stimulate the nervous system and causes it to send signals to fat cells to break down body fat. It also increases adrenaline levels in the blood, which is a hormone designed to make our bodies ready for intense physical activity. Studies show that caffeine can improve physical performance by 11-12% on average (hence its use in pre-workout powders).

3) Coffee and fat loss

Many studies show that caffeine can boost your metabolic rate. Some studies have also shown that caffeine can increase the burning of fat by as much as 10% in obese individuals and 30% in lean individuals.

4) Coffee contains many essential nutrients

Many of the nutrients in coffee beans make it into the final drink. Some of these nutrients include Riboflavin, Manganese, Potassium, Pantothenic acid, Magnesium and Niacin.

5) Coffee and cancer

Coffee appears to be protective against liver cancer and colorectal cancer. These two cancers are the 3rd and 4th leading causes of cancer death worldwide, respectively.

6) Coffee is a major source on antioxidants

Coffee contains a large amount of antioxidants. Studies have shown that many people get more antioxidants from their coffee than from both fruits and vegetables combined!

7) Coffee and type 2 diabetes

The antioxidants, nutrients, and minerals in coffee help the body use insulin which can help prevent type 2 diabetes.

8) Coffee and Alzheimer's disease

Recent studies have shown that participants who drank 3-5 cups of coffee per day had a substantially decreased risk of developing dementia or Alzheimer's disease later on in life.

9) Coffee and skin cancer (for women)

Studies by Harvard Med School showed that women who drank 3-5 more cups of coffee a day are much less likely to develop skin cancer than those who don't.

10) Coffee and heart health

Research shows that moderate coffee drinkers (2-4 cups daily) have a 20 percent lower risk of heart disease as compared to heavy or light coffee drinkers and non drinkers.

Now go enjoy your cup of joe ;) just don't overdo it

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    <3 coffee :)
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    <3 Thank you! Love my coffee.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Has to be good coffee though. :smiley:
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I always appreciate getting that teeny amount of protein from my daily cup. mmmm.. delicious, warm, caffeine.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    11) It prevents me from going on a murderous rage when encountering derp and woo first thing in the morning.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Sounds to good to be true..
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I love my coffee first thing.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    11) It prevents me from going on a murderous rage when encountering derp and woo first thing in the morning.
    This

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I do love the warm feel a hot drink gives you ❤
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I <3 my extra bold coffee every morning.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Afraid Iove the creamer more than the coffee
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    This is timely. I just swung into a coffee phase this morning and am drinking a cup now.

I'm weird. I go on and off coffee like someone flips a switch in me. My phases could last months or years. There's no rhyme or reason to them.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    oh, how I love you coffee!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

So much this.
  • CoffeeSlayer
    CoffeeSlayer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    <3
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    :* LOVE my coffee <3
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    ...Now go enjoy your cup of joe ;) just don't overdo it

I always limit my daily coffee consumption to 3/4 gallon or less.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    ...Now go enjoy your cup of joe ;) just don't overdo it

I always limit my daily coffee consumption to 3/4 gallon or less.

My ex's grandfather served in the US Navy (submariner) and he swore up and down that he drank at least a gallon of coffee a day...
  • Vbyrd508
    Vbyrd508 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Coffee! It's not just about the caffeine. It's the whole experience. The warmth, the smell, the favorite coffee mug.
    If it's GOOD coffee!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It prevents me from going on a murderous rage when encountering derp and woo first thing in the morning.

It prevents me from going on a murderous rage...period. :)