Nursing mamas?!

Options
I'd love to have some nursing mamas as friends! I'm 22 with 3 kids ages 4 ,3 and 15 months old my son (15months) still nurses. I would love some supirt and tips from other nursing moms.

Replies

• cklarue
    cklarue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request! :smile: I'm 25 and still nursing my 12 month old daughter. How long do you plan on nursing? My original goal was 12 months but now I'm leaning more toward self-weaning (still haven't decided yet lol)
  • nepplin
    nepplin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just weaned my 22 month old last week
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing my 6 month old, my other kids are 2, 4, and 6. I nursed all my other kids until they were 18-22 months (weaned them when I was hugely pregnant with the next baby, lol). I'm down 50 pounds in 5 months! I have at least 25 pounds left to go (maybe 35, but we'll see how I feel once I hit 25).
  • angie_momof3
    angie_momof3 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 3 kids. They're 5 1/2, 4, and 10months. I'm breastfeeding the 10month old and trying to lose all the weight I've put on throughout all three of my pregnancies. I've lost 15lbs over the last 4 months. I have only tried eating better so far and the first 10lbs came off pretty quick. Now, I'm adding exercise and getting more serious about the healthy eating.
  • mimimunchery
    mimimunchery Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing my seven month old! already have the baby weight off, but was overweight to start with so would like to lose 40 lbs or so more.
  • kimberlybruner615
    kimberlybruner615 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I plan on letting him self wean. So a long as he wants it he gets it.
  • tamerita48
    tamerita48 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing my 10 month old, don't plan on weaning til he's ready. I did stop pumping at work ( wasn't making hardly anything) so he nurses in mornings, when I get home from work, bedtime and weekends no problem. I still have about 15 pounds to reach prepregnancy weight and then would like to use quite a bit more after that.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me. I have three kids ages 5, 6 and I'm nursing my 8 month old pretty much exclusively.
  • kimberlybruner615
    Options
    I'm 149lbd I was 165 when I him over a year ago
    I plan on letting him self wean. So a long as he wants it he gets it.

• kimberlybruner615
    Options
    Keeping up supply anyone have any tips other then a ton of water?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I try to Eat a lot of nutrient dense foods and make sure to take a prenatal vitamin....I also snack a lot, the majority of my calories for the day are under "snacks"
  • RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I weaned at 42 months... and found it very difficult to lose weight until then. Good luck and hang in there!
  • cklarue
    cklarue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm still holding on to the last ten pounds of baby weight...do you all still add the extra 300-500 in your calories or should I maybe cut those out since baby doesn't nurse nearly as much?
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    cklarue wrote: »
    I'm still holding on to the last ten pounds of baby weight...do you all still add the extra 300-500 in your calories or should I maybe cut those out since baby doesn't nurse nearly as much?

When I used MFP last year, I was nursing my toddler (before I got pregnant again) and I lost 35 pounds eating an extra 200 calories a day. By 12 months, you definitely won't need 500 extra a day because your milk isn't their main source of nutrition anymore. BUT it will depend on how much you nurse. I think my toddler was nursing about 5-6 times a day? And the 200 extra calories worked well for me, but everybody is different. :)
  • WinterSkies
    WinterSkies Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    cklarue wrote: »

When I used MFP last year, I was nursing my toddler (before I got pregnant again) and I lost 35 pounds eating an extra 200 calories a day. By 12 months, you definitely won't need 500 extra a day because your milk isn't their main source of nutrition anymore. BUT it will depend on how much you nurse. I think my toddler was nursing about 5-6 times a day? And the 200 extra calories worked well for me, but everybody is different. :)

I'm nursing my 10 month old. She nurses 4 times per day, and I'm adding in 300 calories to account for that. For me, it's working really well. I'm below my prepregnancy weight, but I was overweight to begin with. I've got another 40ish lb to go for the top end of my healthy BMI range.

• LindsayH926
    LindsayH926 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi mamas! I'm 28 yo and my son is turning 1 on July 31st and I'm still nursing him about 4 times per day. Breastfeeding helped me lose 48 lbs and MFP has helped me lose 18lbs. I'm 5'7" and still have about 20 more lbs to go to reach my goal of 145. I add 400 calories per day for breastfeeding but I think I need to cut that back bc I've only been losing 1 lb per week on average.
  • kimberlybruner615
    Options
    I don't add to many exta calories in a day usually 100-200 and he's still nursing 4-5 times a day 15-20 min at a time and then 10-15 2-5 min snacks lol at night he sleeps with me and nurses on and off. I have been drinking a ton more water and can tell as I'm bloating lol but I also had a full hysterectomy last August and I noticed after that Is when I gained 30lbs (yikes)
  • kimberlybruner615
    Options
    I take one a day women's. Every day as prenatal vitamins make me sick as a dog
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My nursling will be 3 next month. She nurses mostly when she wakes up and at bedtime, sometimes at naps. I set MFP to lose half a pound a week and don't add any extra calories for nursing. I figure the extra calories I'd get for nursing put me somewhere between half a pound and 1 pound a week.