Where can I walk at night?

Options
It's 9pm and 100 degrees with humidity. The local Mall is closed, as is Costco. Where can you recommend I walk safely this time of day?

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Still light here at 9, park or track?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,007 Member
    Options
    Do you have a nearby gym which has a walking track?
  • LynnSullivan1
    LynnSullivan1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It is dark at 9pm and I'm not a hero to go by myself, so no park. Not a gym member at this point. I finally went to Home Depot. Takes 30-45 min. to walk the aisles - and it is safe, air-conditioned. Apparently two Amish ladies make it a part of their regular workout routine, according to Depot employee, so at least I am in good company! Any other thoughts, folks?
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Treadmill ($199 Confidence treadmill on Amazon if you weigh less than 250lbs) and Netflix. It's only good for walking.
  • airyn1
    airyn1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I walk around my neighborhood.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Walmart?
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I go to another town with lighted sidewalks and a path along the canal that is lighted for a good portion.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I don't know, like what's your area like?

I have no problem walking in my city up until the 1/2 hour around when the bars close. I hate walking around suburbs in the evening*, it's creepy and no one's around. I love walking down little country roads when I leave the city - no one's around but it's not creepy.

*or really any time :/ they're always creepy :/
  • LynnSullivan1
    Options
    Neighborhood is decent, but it is dark and probably not the wisest thing to go out by myself this late. Worst thing - it is 100 degrees and humid/thunderstorms looming, so it is just uncomfortable as well as possibly unsafe weather. I have a nice treadmill, but my boys have managed to bury it/block access. Guess what their job tomorrow is? Thanks for the suggestion - Walmart will have to be tomorrow's choice if my kids do not dig out the treadmill.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    100 degrees is no-go for me. It just is. So I'm with you, there. :D
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Give me your exact home address and I'll Google a good route for you to walk safely at night. You can trust me. And don't worry about that panel van parked near the curb in that one spot
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Recreation center?
  • LynnSullivan1
    Options
    Yeah! My sons cleared access to the treadmill -- small but very important victory! So DavPul, I won't have to worry about that panel van... :) and I walked for 35 min. tonight :smiley:
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Yeah! My sons cleared access to the treadmill -- small but very important victory! So DavPul, I won't have to worry about that panel van... :) and I walked for 35 min. tonight :smiley:

Haha! I bet you burned some cals convincing them ;) Good work :)