Weigh in??

Options
Hey Guys,

Just trying to figure out what would be a good schedule for continuous weigh ins.

I was originally thinking weekly weigh ins on monday mornings. But then I thought that this might be to short a time period and began to think about doing it fortnightly.

Would love to hear some suggestions? When do you weigh in? What day? What time of day? and How frequently?

Thanks

Toby

Replies

• tamarab3
    tamarab3 Posts: 64
    Options
    I weigh every Saturday, first thing in the morning.
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    I weigh in once a week - every Saturday morning when I first wake up. Weighing weekly keeps me on track better than weighing once a month, but this is a very personal preference, a lot of my friends only weigh in once a month because it works best for them.
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every week on Friday morning. I sed to do Monday's but I found I'd have false weights due to holding water from going out to eat during the weekend.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    wednesdays, first thing in the morning, post-potty and butt nekid.

i don't think the day matters quite as much - i do wednesday because it's relatively 'safe' for me - i'm not likely to go party on a tuesday night. other people are more responsible than me and stick to mondays so they are accountable for their weekends. but the first thing in the morning thing is pretty standard - you'll get the lowest/most accurate reading then. good luck!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    ps~if you get the scale-junkie disease where you are stepping onto it every five minutes, *hide it*! measurements are a much better tell-tale!
  • cgsr
    cgsr Posts: 113
    Options
    I've been weighing in on Fridays, after I work out (which is on my lunch break). I think once a week is good, although often I'll weigh myself multiple times a week.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I will be the first to say that I weigh every day. I KNOW I will be blasted but it is the only way for me to stay on track. The little flucuations don't bother me, I expect them, I write down my weight every day and watch the trend. I compare it to the day from the week prior. I might be up one day, then down the next, down the next, up a little the next day.....but just watch the trend. It is the best way for me!
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in everyday, for the sake of me studying the numbers and relationships between, micronutrients, water, calorie intake and burn. However for weight comparison, I 'count' every Sunday.

Weighing in daily is not for everyone. You can't obsess over every gain (or drop). I suggest trying weekly fo a bit and if it doesn't feel right try every two weeks or monthly.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning, after bathroom and before eating!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and since I've been messing with my caloric intake AND exercising -- I've actually been doing it a couple times of day so I can see what my weight is doing.

Do I recommend everyone do this? Nope. But, I find it is working for me and teaching me a lot about how my body responds to different foods, different exercise, how much water I drink, etc.
  • yumster70
    yumster70 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree..in the morning after you do either #1 or #2. Once a week is perfect!! Pick what ever day works best for you!! I like Mondays but a lot of people choose Fridays!! Good luck!!!

6316041.png
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I check my weight every morning when I get up, just out of curiosity and habit. Weighing myself doesn't freak me out because I know that little fluctuations are natural and normal. If I've eaten a lot of sodium the day before then I know it's going to go up a little, but then go right back down again by the day after that. I only log my weight when it drops, though, so sometimes it's 3 days between weight log ins and sometimes it's a week and a half. I take measurements once a week, when I remember to...
  • tobias001
    tobias001 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome responses guys! I have gotten a lot out of you replies and am thinking my weekly Monday morning weigh in's are the way to go! Haha, and I like the post bathroom trip pointers that every one seems to be doing!

Thanks again

Toby!