Has anyone tried the P90 or Insanity workouts yet?

Options
Qattusa
Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
I'm thinking of starting the P90 workouts as the clips by people on them on You Tube are rather inspiring, but don't know any "real" people on the exercise routines! Has anyone tried them or is anyone on them? Or is there anyone thinking of trying them out?

Cheers everyone! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• boobear00
    boobear00 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just ordered P90, so I could tell you in a few weeks.... Hopefully someone else will have some results for you.
  • angelicazaldivar
    angelicazaldivar Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up insanity on Sunday! I LOVE IT!! it is DEFINITEY not for the faint at heart... you have to have some serious will power to push thru! but it is AMAZING! as of two weeks ago I had lost 20.5 inches total, 5 % body fat and 11.8 lbs. :) and ALL my fit test numbers have doubled or tripled! I am gettin ready to start P90X on Monday. :) Oh -- and btw, I am pretty sure that if I would have eaten clean like the nutrition guide says, I would have had much better results, but I didn't I just followed weight watchers instead (and logged my calories off and on thru MFP) and ate junk as long as it was within my points. I plan on following the nutrition guide with P90X.

Angelica
  • Qattusa
    Options
    Ooh, I am planning on starting on Monday too! I'm on holiday at the moment, but have been I'll in bed for over a week with bronchitis, so I'm giving myself time to recover and get started. Shall we keep in touch with each other and see how we get along? Keep each other motivated?

Angelica, congratulations on doing so well so quickly, I'm very impressed!!!
  • angelicazaldivar
    Options
    Hey! I hope you feel better really soon! Bronchitis is no joke! I had it a few years ago and I've never been the same since. :( I am supposed to JUST do my final fit test tomorrow for insanity, but Im gonna end up having to do the fit test and the max cardio/cardio abs i think, because i didn't do yesterday's max plyo, and today my friends to town to visit last minute so I didn't get my exercise in. :( I will probably do the last insanity workout in the AM then do the fit test after lunch, and then Im doin my P90X fit in the evening so I have time to let my body rest in between everything. :) Have u done any Beachbody programs before?
  • Qattusa
    Options
    No haven't done any yet, but you seem to be a fan so I'm very hopeful! Wow, you do get in a lot of exercise, I am most impressed with you! x
  • daveelamp
    daveelamp Posts: 43
    Options
    Recently started the Insanity workout... its pretty intense. very good though. I believe the p90 workout has some elements that are weights based? so im not sure if you have weights available to you??? with insanity you dont need any equipment and you will get amazing results if you eat right also.... the workouts are tough!!! :)
  • Qattusa
    Options
    P90X asks for resistance bands which i already own, and a pull up bar which I don't. But I do have a gym like, 5 mins away from me, so I could always bite the bullet and go there! I might try one then the other to be honest. How is the insanity going for you? Have you lost much with it?
  • angelicazaldivar
    Options
    Qattusa -- you don't need a pull up bar, if you go to like Sports Authority or any other sporting goods place, you can get a door attachment for your bands -- costs like 5 bucks. you drape it over the door and it makes it so u can use ur bands to do pull up bar exercises -- you will even see a guy do the modifications for it in the videos. :)
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did p90x lean for about a month and a half and lost some inches. But then got a little off track when we went for vacation. Ever sence I've had some trouble getting back into it. I was doing the workout and diet with my sister-in-law but she stopped after vacation. I'd love to be friends with you and keep up with everybody doing p90x to have some accountibility. Oh and by the way I lost a little under 10lbs in a month and a half. And I plan to start Monday as well. I don't hAve Internet access all the time so it's hard to do anything other than post on the main wall and update my food. Due to the face that I have to use my phone for this sometimes. Well good luck!
  • gracesmile166
    gracesmile166 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tried P90X and quit... LOL because it takes dedication u have to have at least a little less than an hour of intense workouts... the plyometrics hurt my knees... a lot of jumping... required... plus u have to have a space where u are comfortable working out in...an my living room was annoying than the garage was too cold LOL.... an i had to get more weights... which was annoying .... so if you're going to invest in p90X u need at least a pull up bar... i couldn't use mine because my mother complained it would damage her door frame. LOL and then u need a set of dumbells of different variated weights... or u can invest in that bowflex weight system. $350.. or $250. And the p90x will only give u those results u see on tv eating really really clean...an i can't eat that clean... i get tired of cooking an measuring vegatables and brown rice! LOL

maybe i'm too young an unmotivated. now i just run outside and lift weights at the gym... but if u stick to it u can do anything u wanna do.

today i tried the insanity... and then gave up during the fitness test! haha it's my sunday.. I'll try it again tomorrow. it's just one maneuver hurt my lower back.. but that one requires less start up $. u just need ur body and press play. : ) hope that helps
  • carlimeyer
    carlimeyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just finished up the first week of Insanity. The workouts are very hardcore. Even the people with six-packs have to take a quick break sometimes so don't feel bad when you do. After the workouts I feel really good and energetic. My progress is great my pushups are already much better so I know I am gaining strength.

I would definitely say try it! I also plan on trying P90x or Turbofire when I am done with this program.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I just started the regular P90. Just doing the work outs. Following my own diet.

The first day I did the sculpting video but I only had 10 pound weights at the time.
    I spent a good portion of the next day in bed crying I was in so much pain.

My advice. Make sure you are using light enough weights and make sure you modify any exercise movement that seems to hard or painful.

It's definitely do able though.
  • Qattusa
    Options
    I just finished up the first week of Insanity. The workouts are very hardcore. Even the people with six-packs have to take a quick break sometimes so don't feel bad when you do. After the workouts I feel really good and energetic. My progress is great my pushups are already much better so I know I am gaining strength.

I would definitely say try it! I also plan on trying P90x or Turbofire when I am done with this program.

Ooooh, what is Tubofire? I live in the Uk so a lot of the workouts are new to us you see?

What I didn't tell people is that I'm in the military...I've been in an admin job for over a year now and am usually sat at my desk up to 12 hours a day. I went from being über fit to barely moving and the weight piled on. I think I need something hard core to prepare me for my next deployment! so P90x sounds like it's the right stuff. I'm not going to buy the weights, I'm just going to do those exercises in the gym I think.

Thank you all for your advice!! x
  • DarkMagicianGirl
    Options
    I started Insanity Workout 3 weeks ago when I hit a plateau after months of exercising in the gym. I've been going to the gym religiously and eating healthy but not shedding any pounds when I hit the 178lb mark from 194 lbs. Now, I broke the plateau and is 174 lbs. I also do the P90x arms and shoulders to tone up my muscles (my problem area) in between when my knees hurt due to the everyday Insanity session. So, insread of Insanity jumping and push up I give my lower body a rest by doing weight lifting. I hope this works out for you. Good Luck!