Vegetarian and Vegan Friends Wanted (or people trying....)

Options
Hello!!!

Im Jodie, I've been here a while, but started to make some changes by cutting out processed food (best that i can - I'm batch cooking things atm) and I'm looking for new MFP friends that are vegetarian or vegan - I've currently cut out all meat products but I'm still working and researching into the whole vegan lifestyle. Im not sure if i could cut out eggs and cheese quite yet but its not something that I'm against. A friend has lost 8 stone over the last 2 years which is a really nice 1lb a week over the time frame which is amazing and she's gone from a 24 to a size 10..... I need some of this in my life, hopefully a new lifestyle is what I need.

So please add me, id love to get advice and hints and tips from people who eat clean and vegetarian/vegan or people on the same wavelength or looking at making the change!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Jodie xxx

Replies

• Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, feel free to add!
  • 1fitfuture150
    1fitfuture150 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm pescatarian if that's ok, add me!
  • KaitlynSaysNo
    KaitlynSaysNo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly vegan, add me, too!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian, mostly vegan. Feel free to add me.
  • didyouworkout
    didyouworkout Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian feel free to add me! I'd love more vegetarian mfp buddies.
  • chartigan81
    chartigan81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good day I'm Fruitarian.
  • Jennak87
    Jennak87 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian! I don't eat eggs or milk on their own, I do eat things with eggs and milk in them but if I have control over the dairy content of something I always use dairy alternatives. I sometimes eat cheese, but not very often!
  • pineapple_pizza
    pineapple_pizza Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian! Feel free to add.

I hardly consume eggs anymore. When I consume dairy it's in the form of nonfat cottage cheese and nonfat Greek yogurt (few calories, lots of protein). I also consume sliced cheese, but I get lower fat versions to moderate my saturated fat intake. I'm not on a low-fat diet by any means, I just prefer to get my fats from olive oil, seeds, nuts, avocado, etc. Also, I personally use the IIFYM method to make sure I'm eating a wide variety of stuff and it's balanced. Also a food scale is essential if you don't already have one!

I hope that helps. :)
  • AbiBain
    AbiBain Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm transitioning into vegetarian but I'm not quite there yet. I don't like tofu and it's making it a bit difficult for me to keep my meals diverse. But feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • pointkoala
    pointkoala Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Vegan too :) and looking to lose weight.
    I used to love cheese. Daiya cheese has satisfied my cheese cravings :D
    I love beans (chickpeas), tofu, avocado, nutritional yeast, and fruits. I'm not as much of a fan of veggies but the rest.... yes !!
  • The_Raspberry
    The_Raspberry Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian, trying to eat more vegan! Add me if you like :)
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Hi Jodie, and everyone! Like you, I have also cut out all processed foods, which has been easier than I thought, especially this time of year, when there are a lot of farm stands open for fresh veggies/fruit. I'm also vegetarian "for now," because I do occasionally eat eggs and small amounts of cheese. So far, I'm loving it and feeling so much better. Also, I second everything amy_pham above, said! (...and I'm an "Amy," too!)
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    plant based here :)
  • monyea
    monyea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am just starting (2 1/2 weeks) on a vegetarian diet. I am doing it for health reasons. I need some vegetarian friends
  • ediewharton
    ediewharton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian. Feel free to add me.
  • MemiJones
    MemiJones Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was vegetarian for 6 months and vegan for two. I'm not anymore but after only a few months of meat eating I'm thinking about going back.
  • kimbergranola
    kimbergranola Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Long time vegan here! I just started a group as well. I'm a total newb to MFP.
  • CaliRunner66
    CaliRunner66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a vegan who loves to cook! Feel free to add me as I just joined again at the request if my personal trainer. :):)
  • mkzara
    mkzara Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am primarily pescatarian with a little bit of chicken thrown in. I am trying to incorporate more vegetarian/vegan meals into my diet. Feel free to add me