30 Day Shred Results

Options
Hello all. I have noticed that quite a few MFPers have asked for the results of someone who has completed the 30 day shred and I wanted to share my results with you all. I also want to say thank you to all of you who put out posts such as these and other successes because it is SO inspiring!!

So measurements before shred:
Weight: 188
Arms: 13.25"
Bust: 40"
Waist: 38.5"
Butt: 45"
Thighs: 26.75"

36 days later*
Weight: 172.2
Arms: 12"
Bust: 37"
Waist: 35"
Butt: 42"
Thighs: 23.5"

Total lost:
15.8 pounds**
Arms: 1.25"
Chest: 3"
Waist: 3.5"
Butt: 3"
Thighs: 3.25"
Total inches: 14!!!!

* I was gone for 2 days visiting family and 4 days on vacation
** I let myself go crazy on vacation and gained 6 pounds (oops) and this number does NOT reflect re-losing those pounds lol.

I hope that this will help those of you that are wondering if its worth it because it totally is!! I am so much stronger and my stamina is at least 10 times better then it used to be. This is coming from someone that used to weigh close to (or maybe over) 250 pounds and I was a pack and a half a day smoker. Little cigars not cigarettes for the last two years. I quit on April 1st.

I have supplemented the Shred program with C25K (tomorrow is the first day of week 5), and Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds (4 or 5 miles depending on the day). I also take my dog for a 3 mile walk every day as long as it's not storming.

I will try to get around to posting pictures this weekend. Keep pushing through MPF friends!! Have a fantastic holiday weekend everyone!!

Replies

• abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!
  • Harleyboxer
    Harleyboxer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    that IS inspiring! Way to go & thanks for sharing! Great inspiration for me!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this!! I started Level 1, Day 1 yesterday and this is great motivation to continue!
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm on Level 2-Day 2 and my legs are killin! This is just what I needed to hear to push through another day : )
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    Those are some awesome results! Way to go on staying focused and cutting out the nicotine- good for you!
  • adrianamezam
    Options
    wow! thank you for this! i just ordered the 30DS and will receive it on saturday. im starting on the 1 of june. this is exciting to see! cant wait to see what it does for me! thank you so much for this! ill be sure to post my results when im done!
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! I would love to see pictures! I'm on Day 11 of the shred, I cannot wait until I'm finished and can share my results with everyone too!

Congrats on quitting smoking btw, that in and of itself is a real accomplishment :smile:
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Those are great results - you must feel very proud!
  • hallie1107
    hallie1107 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone and to all of you who are starting or in the middle of it, push through!! You can do it! I am working on the pictures here and as soon as I get it figured out I will get them up :smile:
  • hallie1107
    hallie1107 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok I hope this works guys!! My first attempt at photos so bear with me if it doesn't please :smile:

weightloss.jpg

Well they are super huge so just right click on hem and pick view image and you can see them all. Be gentle please!! :laugh: