silkened tofu with honey

Options
agdeierl
agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
I saw on facebook this girl had posted a picture of a dessert with the caption: "sweetened tofu dessert (with silken tofu and honey) like the asian dessert". I asked her about how she made it, because it looked like she just took a packet of silkened tofu (which I happen to have sitting in my fridge right now) and put honey on it! I'm thinking maybe there's more to it than that. I'd like to try it because it sounds pretty healthy for a dessert and very tasty but I'm not exactly sure of how "light" it is, since I don't know exactly how to make it. I've tried searching for recipes, but all I can find is tofu in ginger syrup. Not a big fan of ginger in desserts. I like honey much better, so wondering if anyone knows what I'm referring to, and if so, can point me in the right direction of a recipe?

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i would think in any of the recipes for tofu in ginger syrup just substuite honey, give it a go , and when you taste it you can see whats missing in your opinion . and go from there
  • ironman1960
    ironman1960 Posts: 13
    Options
    Here's a recipe that's close and tastes great...

Blueberry, Honey & Silken Tofu Whip

Ingredients

140g silken tofu
    100g blueberries
    2 tablespoons organic honey

Directions
    Add all the ingredients to a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses and chill until ready to serve.

Number of Servings: 4

Nutritional Info

Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 65.2
    Total Fat: 1.0 g
    Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
    Sodium: 3.7 mg
    Total Carbs: 13.2 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
    Protein: 1.9 g

From http://recipes.sparkpeople.com
  • agdeierl
    Options
    i would think in any of the recipes for tofu in ginger syrup just substuite honey, give it a go , and when you taste it you can see whats missing in your opinion . and go from there

Maybe I will try that.
  • agdeierl
    Options
    Here's a recipe that's close and tastes great...

Blueberry, Honey & Silken Tofu Whip

Ingredients

140g silken tofu
    100g blueberries
    2 tablespoons organic honey

Directions
    Add all the ingredients to a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses and chill until ready to serve.

Number of Servings: 4

Nutritional Info

Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 65.2
    Total Fat: 1.0 g
    Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
    Sodium: 3.7 mg
    Total Carbs: 13.2 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
    Protein: 1.9 g

From http://recipes.sparkpeople.com

While I'm not a huge fan of blueberries (I know, I know.), I get the general idea and think this sounds yummy! I could always sub in a different berry (I adore raspberries.) or leave them out altogether and just do the honey and tofu. Thanks for posting this!!!