Finally making a change

Options
hey everybody just wanted to come on here and get some support what are some good ways to get this going? Comment with some tips that that helped you start.

Replies

• kbrok7
    kbrok7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Take one step at a time. Start with small things.
  • AFabulous50
    AFabulous50 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats for even starting!! Good luck. This is my second. . . or third try! Don't give up!!! :)
  • Cynthia_Rose
    Cynthia_Rose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Do what's easy first, and automate it. Start the day healthy. Get a workout buddy and tell people you are trying to be healthy so they don't peer pressure you into always trying dessert etc. you can do it!
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    These are my tips :)

I found planning every day out the day before helped me. Religiously using MFP. Getting a great group of friends on here that I wanted to log in an see each day. Find things that you love to eat, and fit with your diet, that are portion controlled so you aren't left to measuring it out yourself. If you are starting at the gym, try and find someone to go with you and make it fun.

Have fun with it. Best of luck!
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I didn't start too aggressive...eased into it with food logging...then picked a weight loss goal (2 lb a week)...adjusted as needed and slowly integrated exercise. :)
  • Aaliyah62694
    Aaliyah62694 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks those are really good suggestions
  • panamena440
    panamena440 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just the fact that you thought about making a change is great.. Take it one step at a time. That's what I'm doing
  • reinventingjessica
    reinventingjessica Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with taking it one step at a time. I've found that being overly aggressive and unrealistic always set me up for failure in the past. This time my approach is to see this as a journey and not a race to the finish line.