Exercise Entry in Diary

Options
Hello, I'm new to this site.

A little confused as when you go to Strength Training listed under the exercise portion in diary, and go to search an activity even ones that you see already listed in the database like "rowing, stationary" it says no results found. But if you go to the database and click this particular activity, it will show your weight and ask you how many minutes you did this activity for and show you how many calories your burned. BUT no where did I see on the page a button to click to choose this activity to add to your diary. I'm still trying to figure out how all this works. If anyone has any info or suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Rowing will come up by searching under Add Exercise > Cardiovascular, not Add Exercise > Strength Training.
    You enter the number of minutes under Cardiovascular to get an estimated number of Calories burned.
    You enter strength training exercises, such as bench press, curl, squat, under Strength Training to get a log of exercises by Set, Reps/Set, and Weight/set.

You can log the amount of time for "strength training" under the Cardiovascular section to get an estimate for Calories burned. You can use the Strength Training section to log sets, reps, and weights, but that section does not account for the amount of time or Calories burned.

Add "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" to Cardiovascular to get estimated Calories Burned added to your Diary. Please note that the Calories burned for Cardiovascular exercises provided by MFP are based on published metabolic equivalent of tasks (METs), which are estimates for a general population and may differ for you as an individual. If desired, add individual strength training exercises, such as "Biceps Curl," to Strength Training to have a log of sets, reps, and weights as individual exercises.

Please see these articles in the list of articles on this topic in the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/11170-why-don-t-you-calculate-calories-burned-for-strength-training-
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/topics/455842-exercise-diary-and-exercise-database/articles

btl8652brnow.jpg
  • brandica0325
    brandica0325 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you kindly! This is a big help! :)
  • ClaudePou
    ClaudePou Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    had same issue.

Thanks a million!!