blah i screwed up really bad..

Options
hey guys i went out drinking last night and had a big too much to eat. ok, thats a lie. i had way too much. wwwaaaayyy too much.

on the night i went out (last night) i counted all my calories for the day and included 10 shots worth of scotch into the counter (640 cals) before i went out. this didnt blow over my daily limit. so everything accounted for, if i had stopped there i would have done well for the night.

buuuut i got my drink on and at the end of the night we passed a 7/11. and i got one of their sausage rolls. the *massive* sized ones. (Hungry Man). i cant find any nutritional information on it at all but it had its rounds in the media, (http://www.google.com.au/search?q=four+n+twenty&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Kn9&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=hp&q=four'n+twenty+sausage+roll&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=5feaa4e9611eeb6a&biw=1920&bih=976) being dubbed 'a heart attack on a plate'.. brilliant. did not stop their though. went and got a souvlaki from a no-name souvlaki place (So i cant really find nutritional information on this either) and wouldn't you know it, it was MASSIVE. argh! annoying how bottomless the stomach can be when you are drunk!!!

so here i am today, not wanting to eat anything at all for the rest of the day (its 12, noon. i just woke up and i feel like crud). that sausage roll alone had enough cals in it to meet my daily needs (according to some news articles), and then on top of that was the souvlaki. so frustrated!!

Replies

• ACF2
    ACF2 Posts: 51
    Options
    just add in around 2500cals for that crap cause at this point does it really matter?
    bet u took an awesome dump the next morn tho eh?!
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Everyone has bad days once in awhile! Dont beat yourself up, you cant deprive yourself of everything all the time. Just make sure you make healthier decisions today and maybe work out a little extra :) Drink lots of water too because drinking can dehydrate you!
  • TescherTK
    TescherTK Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's ok that you screwed up. We all do that and sometimes we need to let loose and not worry about things for a while. The important thing is to get right back to being good. One bad day won't undo all the good you've already done.
  • alsnipes
    alsnipes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just consider it a reeeeeallly big cheat. Dont dwell on it cuz it'll make you feel worse. You can bargain with yourself that the little mishap counts for two weeks worth of cheats :wink:
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. Let it go. I had a day like that a couple days ago. The next day my stomach ached from all the crap I poured into it. It is what it is and it's done. Take how you feel about it now and remember it... remember this moment the next time you're in that same situation. You may just make a different decision. And if you don't, don't beat yourself up about it. We have to use these mistakes to our advantage, and move forward. x
  • celticfan2011
    celticfan2011 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey it's one day. There is no reason to fall apart. If you were on a strict regimen before this, this doesn't hurt you one bit as long as it doesn't become regular. As far as not being able to account for calories in foods, I hate that but usually record something similar usually with the most calories. It motivates me to stay on the right path.
  • cuerpito
    cuerpito Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great party, though.... I've had similar ones :)
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Treat it like a 'cheat' day. A cheat day once every few weeks is fine i guess.
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    hey guys i went out drinking last night and had a big too much to eat. ok, thats a lie. i had way too much. wwwaaaayyy too much.

on the night i went out (last night) i counted all my calories for the day and included 10 shots worth of scotch into the counter (640 cals) before i went out. this didnt blow over my daily limit. so everything accounted for, if i had stopped there i would have done well for the night.

buuuut i got my drink on and at the end of the night we passed a 7/11. and i got one of their sausage rolls. the *massive* sized ones. (Hungry Man). i cant find any nutritional information on it at all but it had its rounds in the media, (http://www.google.com.au/search?q=four+n+twenty&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Kn9&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=hp&q=four'n+twenty+sausage+roll&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=5feaa4e9611eeb6a&biw=1920&bih=976) being dubbed 'a heart attack on a plate'.. brilliant. did not stop their though. went and got a souvlaki from a no-name souvlaki place (So i cant really find nutritional information on this either) and wouldn't you know it, it was MASSIVE. argh! annoying how bottomless the stomach can be when you are drunk!!!

so here i am today, not wanting to eat anything at all for the rest of the day (its 12, noon. i just woke up and i feel like crud). that sausage roll alone had enough cals in it to meet my daily needs (according to some news articles), and then on top of that was the souvlaki. so frustrated!!

So what you going to do, be depressed the rest of your life? You will get over it, the quicker you do the better you'll be. SO don't dwell on it, tomorrow is a new day, move on.
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Kaldrmjolka Posts: 86
    Options
    "It doesn't matter if you stumble and fall on your journey because you're still going forward."

The fact that you realize what you did wasn't exactly good for you is good! Next time you see the heart attack on the plate just remember those calories!
    Everyone has a naughty day, just don't let every day be a naughty day and keep pushing forward. You can do this! Good luck ^____^
  • SusiB60
    SusiB60 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    We're all human and it's gonna happen now and then.
    Just treat each new day as an opportunity to do well and don't dwell on yesterdays mistakes.
    I've blown it loads of times and then used it as an excuse to give up.
    I think with the support and encouragement of the people on this site I won't give up again.
    I hope you don't either ...good luck.
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Everytime I screw up royally.....alcohol was involved....but I love beer, so I'll just have to screw up royally sometimes for the rest of my life.
  • SusiB60
    SusiB60 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    It's a new day. Eat like normal (healthy) and move on! ^_^
  • TomSak
    TomSak Posts: 5
    Options
    thanks a bunch guys. i shall continue on as normal... and remember this day lol. i feel like crap, hopefully some of those feelings can come through next time i am drunk and ready to chow down on something haha. must remember to work out extra tonight!

haha and yes, it was a hell of a party :)
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    just add in around 2500cals for that crap cause at this point does it really matter?
    bet u took an awesome dump the next morn tho eh?!

Omg that is hysterical !!! Haven't laughed that hard in a while :laugh:

Thank you!
  • antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the day I had when I went out for a meal at the Olive Garden. I chose a meal that was more than 2300 calories and I ate the salad, luckily I had a diet coke. I didn't realize how many calories are in the meals nor was I aware that I could go on the internet to look for the nutritional value of the meals so when I arrived I'd know what was safe. I guess where I'm going is we all make mistakes but the greatest thing about MFP is at 12AM we get a clean slate! We get to start all over and do it right. The positive in your situation is that you are aware you goofed and you feel bad about it which means you care about your weight loss success. Quit beating yourself up and continue on your journey!

Best of luck...
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the day I had when I went out for a meal at the Olive Garden. I chose a meal that was more than 2300 calories and I ate the salad, luckily I had a diet coke.

lol at that point I would have just had a regular coke... :wink:
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Each day is a new day. Chin up and move forward! (and here is a (((hug))) - we all blow it in some way or another on a fairly regular basis!)
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Its ok we are only human. Just pick youself up tomarrow. Fresh start. New day.