I love this smoothie! Perfect for summer!

MamaHokie
MamaHokie Posts: 36 Member
I am in LOVE with my vitamix. It blends anything into the perfect consistency. Here's what I put in it this morning for breakfast:
1 fresh pineapple core (You haven't been throwing them away, have you? They're full of nutrients!)
12 whole strawberries (including the green tops - What?! You've been throwing them away too?)
1 banana (Okay, you can throw away the peel. Let's not get carried away.)
1 cup coconut milk (you could substitute another milk or Greek yogurt for more protein)
1/2 cup spinach
1 small-medium carrot (if it's organic and washed well you don't even have to peel it)
1 Tbsp chia seeds

This made about 40oz and I split it with my son.

Helpful tip: freeze one or two of the fruits overnight for a better smoothie. Today I used a frozen pineapple core I had left over from a 4th of July picnic, but strawberries and bananas freeze well too. If you don't have time to wait, add some ice (maybe a cup?) to your smoothie instead.
I hope you like it!

Replies

• KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Very interesting. I guess I'll stop throwing those things away and see how it tastes. ;) I've been adding Hemp Oil to mine as well for added nutrients and a little nutty flavor.
  • TraceeJack
    TraceeJack Posts: 1 Member
    That sounds DELICIOUS!
  • Minis3
    Minis3 Posts: 1 Member
    How do you calculate the calories? My smoothie is very similar, minus the coconut milk and carrots. I use pineapple juice.
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    edited July 2015
    I add spinach to my smoothies every morning. My recent winner:
    • 1 cup So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk
    • 1 cup frozen blueberries
    • 1 tbs peanut butter
    • 1/2 tbs powdered Cacao
    • 1 banana
    • 1 cup spinach
    Yields about 20 oz. ~400 calories
  • MamaHokie
    MamaHokie Posts: 36 Member
    Minis3 - I input each item individually. Not efficient, but effective

Jadowns - sounds a lot like a peanut butter smoothie I make and love! Never tried adding blueberries though - interesting! Thanks for suggesting. And I'm with you on the spinach - 'cause hey, why not? I also add chia and/or milled flax seed to every smoothie.