Trying Again

Options
Hello

I'm a 26 yr old female. I'm 175 lbs and overall would like to get down to 125 lbs. My goal right now isn't to focus on the big goal, but to create small, short-term goals in order to keep myself motivated. I've tried multiple times to lose weight. I joined MFP as a means of keeping track of the food I eat and the ability to follow my nutrients as well. Health problems run far and deep in my family. I want to get healthy and take precautions to avoid running into them in the future. Plus, who doesn't want to look good naked?

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Get a good group of friends on here to encourage you and push you. That is what helps me. Setting small goals (and rewards) is good - I do the same thing. :)
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • shortstuff67
    shortstuff67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I have just returned to MFP after a long break and returning to bad habits which I would now like to drop along with some of the few extra pounds! Good luck.
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Welcome back ... for such a large goal, maybe try to focus on 5 or 10 lb increments as short term goals.
  • strangeling06
    strangeling06 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I appreciate the support and the suggestions. This means a bunch to me :smile: