waxing?

Options
TexasNurseMom78
TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
Wasnt sure where esle to post this. Does anyone else get waxed? If so, where? I just had my first complete wax experience a month ago and I love it! And my hubby loves it too!

Replies

• sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Brazilian for years! I go to Edin's Bliss here in Houston
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I love a Brazilian wax but the wonderful gay guy who used to do mine moved away ... haven't found a new place because I much prefer a gay guy to a girl because girls are too catty - I know i'm fat but I don't need more judgement....
  • wannabthin4life
    Options
    I am thinking about getting one for the first time.. how bad does it really hurt?
  • zariok
    zariok Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    laser hair removal. My wife did this and it's worth every cent.
  • WeightWatchen
    Options
    I am thinking about getting one for the first time.. how bad does it really hurt?

Hurts pretty bad the first time. After the first initial shock, you get use to it. Soooooooo worth it though. You feel so much sexier and you'll feel lighter!!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    just getting ready to go and have it done for summer.
  • hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Ecuadorian wax to the Brazilian wax.
  • readyforchange
    readyforchange Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    prefer the Ecuadorian wax to the Brazilian wax.I
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    My eye brows, and I have done my lip, but my lip breaks out if I get it waxed. So just my eye brows :)
    I haven't done anything else, I'm not cool with some random person being all "up in my business"
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I get waxed. The only drag about it is that you have to let the hair grow to about a 1/4 inch before you can get in done again, but as it grows back it is less bristly than when you shave.

I wouldn't say I love getting waxed but I love the result.

*I am not actually as hairy as my profile picture suggests
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    I am thinking about getting a brazilian... how would you compare it to the pain of an eyebrow wax (even though I'm sure it feels entirely different)?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Just shave my face every 2 or 3 days with a Gillette Fusion razor.:smile:
    Would waxing be easier?

:tongue:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about getting a brazilian... how would you compare it to the pain of an eyebrow wax (even though I'm sure it feels entirely different)?

Oh. Apples and oranges. Eyebrow waxes are like being licked by puppies compared to a Brazilian. You can do it, though, It's worth it.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I go to European Wax Center. They area a chain and they have them all over. I too was worried about some stranger up in my bussiness, but she was really professional. I am still pretty heavy, but she was very non judgemental. Actually told me that she had gastric bypass so she knows what its like to be heavy. As far as the pain, yeah, it hurts. But not as bad as I thought it would.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    A shot or two of tequila before a brazillian makes a world of difference.
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Oh, it HURTS! But take a couple advil before you go. "Those" kinds of stores have some spray or cream that numbs the area, but I haven't tried them... I just power through them. DEFFINATELY worth it!! Makes "Activity" time more fun. ;•) Like they say "once you go bare, nothing compares..." hahahaa I just made that up, but it's so true
  • jgaht
    jgaht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    In contrast to most people, I didn't think the Brazilian hurt that much. I have a fabulous technician at the Beauty Bar in Toledo, OH. Even if it was more painful, I'd still do it. It makes me feel sexier, and the man loves it!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I do my upper lip and bikini area, but I do it myself. I purchased a wax warmer and just do it at home. I;ve done my legs before, but I hated having to let the hair grow out and then I got wax all over the floor. What a mess.

I still get my eyebrows done, but after so many years of doing it I don't have to get it done too often. I am too chicken to get a Brazilian, and I can't do it myself because I am not that limber..LOL
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    40yearoldvirgin.jpg
    KELLY CLARKSON!