How to keep away from fufu coffee and many sweets

Options
Does anyone have any good ideas about how to stay away from the good coffee drinks and sweets? I actually did pretty good for a few months, but I eventually had both and continued to crave them even more after that. I gain weight from drinking good coffees and sweets. :( I feel as if I a depriving myself of the good stuff, but at the same time I feel like I am doing myself an injustice because I gain weight back that I don't want. It's not easy at all. Is there an alternative?

Replies

• tleanio275
    tleanio275 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Make your own coffee and add cinnamon and agave to add flavor Or order coffee and add cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of raw sugar or 1 teaspoon agave.
    Or switch to sugar free coffee sweetener. Treat yourself 2 times a week. So you don't feel deprived.
    Eat more fruit. Freeze grapes and bananas. It's so good for sweet cravings
  • janicecook39
    janicecook39 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do make a lot of my own coffees, but I put hazelnut and sugar in it. I like the cinnamon idea. Thank you. I will try it. I like fruit and eat plenty of it for sure, but my body seems to want cookies and ice cream sometimes. :(
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Just try to fit it into your daily calorie deficit and than you should be fine. If you have a hard time doing that, than maybe have one or two days a week where you have your favorite coffee and some treats and move more on those days.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I would have the cookies or ice cream sometimes. Just fit them into your calories and macros. It helps for me to buy just a single serving and not have the whole carton or package in the house. Like instead of buying a carton of ice cream I will go to the ice cream parlor and have a single cone. That way I've indulged without having the temptation on hand.
  • janicecook39
    janicecook39 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I will try both. :) I do have my daughter and husband in the household who love sweets too. Lol. I will just have to get better at only having them in moderation and not everyday. Tomorrow is my last detox day. I am pretty happy about that. I am tired of going to the bathroom so often, and I can't wait to eat some real food. :) detoxing is one of the hardest parts, but since it's only for 3 days, I can handle it. :)