Calorie goal

Options
Can I eat my full Calorie goal each day?

Replies

• agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Yes, as long as you input the correct settings in order to calculate that goal.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Be wary of eating back all of your exercise calories, if you are exercising. Most calorie burn estimates, including those on MFP, are highly inflated. Most people recommend eating back only 50 percent of any exercise calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yes - MFP gives you a deficit based on your size, activity level & "I want to lose xx pounds per week."

If you eat this number & do zero exercise....you should lose the xx pounds per week.

These numbers are estimations. MFP uses a generic number for your size and age (a good guess, but not always correct). There are other estimations....your activity level is a range (not an exact number). Some people weigh food....others eyeball portions. People log in exercise and earn additional calories....but these are estimates too.

There are lots of other calculators on line (some include exercise up front).....google those & you will find MFP is in the same ballpark, provided you put in the same xx pounds per week figure.
  • Pcarsley
    Pcarsley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I try to stay well within the allowance. I tend to verify calories burned according to MFP with those from machine displays at the gym.