Lose weight or lose fat

Options
I am trying to get a few muscle pounds without adding body mass.
What is the macro nutrients ratio to get me that ?

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    what?

you can't just add pure muscle, not going to happen. Typical ratio is 1:1 so if you gain ten pounds five will be fat and five will be muscle.

not macro setting is going to change that. I would suggest accepting that in order to gain muscle you are going to gain some fat.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    what?

you can't just add pure muscle, not going to happen. Typical ratio is 1:1 so if you gain ten pounds five will be fat and five will be muscle.

not macro setting is going to change that. I would suggest accepting that in order to gain muscle you are going to gain some fat.

OP I have to agree with @ndj1979 on that. Over the last year & a bit, I've gained in or around 11-12kg/24-26lbs. Of that its more or less split evenly between fat and muscle. You just have to get over the mental aspect of seeing some fat increase like I had to.
  • Jumptofit
    Jumptofit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Let's give it a chance, I will try to increase my calories intake without compromising my abs. Txs
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Jumptofit wrote: »
    Let's give it a chance, I will try to increase my calories intake without compromising my abs. Txs

Wishful thinking won't do anything OP. Your genetics and your current bodyfat% are going to determine your current calorie partitioning ratio (p-ratio). It is not physically possible to gain muscle without some fat. That is why you see all these people going through the trouble of bulk/cut cycles.