Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

These knees are throbbing from cycling

2»

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Most common issue I see with novice riders is the seat too low. If the seat is too low your knees will ache.
  • unmatcheddiscipline
    unmatcheddiscipline Posts: 101 Member
    bwogilvie wrote: »

A single-speed with a freehub/freewheel is a different beast than a fixie, though, because you can coast with the former. It's the always having to pedal that puts a lot of load on the knees, especially if you have to mash uphill and spin downhill. The latter is particularly difficult if you don't have brakes on your fixie (dumb idea) and have to use your legs to slow you down on steep descents.

OP: could your boyfriend build you a flip-flop wheel with a fixed cog on one side and a freewheel on the other?

Squats and lunges will strengthen the muscles around your knees, which will help.

Thx! :smiley: my bf said its a flip-flop wheel with a fixed cog on one side and a freewheel on the other. I cannot wait to get in the gym Friday with weights to squat and lunge, again thank you. Oh and I have a front brake.
  • unmatcheddiscipline
    Most common issue I see with novice riders is the seat too low. If the seat is too low your knees will ache.

Thx, he adjusted again up a quarter inch.
  • unmatcheddiscipline
    I have huge thighs and my bf said I'm compensating, but once I slim down in that area I'll ride differently.