Add me! Looking for some friendly competition :)

Options
Hey all! Looking for some active users to get more interactions for motivation! Post baby #2 and just 2 pounds away from prepregnancy weight! Lifting and running, now trying to track macros more consistently. I'm also on RunKeeper, add me there too! ;)
To fitness and fuel, Stef

Replies

• Supena
    Supena Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've just recently started running.. Any pointers on how to build up stamina? I can only run for like 10 minutes at a time.
  • azfarriss
    azfarriss Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I would mix up your distances for workouts, like one workout is more focused on speed (20 min total with 10-20 sec fast, 30-60 secs recovery); the next run is slow steady run (if you have to walk after ten min that's ok, but each slow steady try to increase duration running and reduce the amount that of walking). Just stick with it, you'll notice improvement after a couple weeks. :)
  • lindsayerinnn
    lindsayerinnn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm also new to running and working on building up stamina. I can only run for about 8 minutes before I need to wall for 2 and then start running again. Any advice you have would be awesome!
  • azfarriss
    azfarriss Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fartleks are great workouts to incorporate into training to improve running stamina and speed. And just keep at it. The first weeks are the hardest. Just like keeping a food log keep a running log to monitor your improvements. In a week, I try to have at least two speed workouts and two for distance. ;) keep it up and challenge yourself, but don't forget to include recovery runa...not every workout should be 100%.