Loosing and gaining 155lbs...

Options
Hello all,

My name is Janellia. I'm just getting use to this app. I have been through hell and back with my weight. I was never the skinny kid growing up, but when I was around 16 my weight hit 320lbs and I decided to loose it all. With in a year, I lost it and it felt amazing! I was so proud of myself and that's when I made the mistake of going back to my old ways and completely abandoning my new lifestyle. I

I am now on a new mission to get back to health and stay there! I'd love to chat and to make a few buddies!

Replies

• LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Back in 1982 I did the same thing. I lost 130 lbs. and then eventually gained it all back, but for me all back and then some. When I started MFP I weighed 418 lbs. So far I've lost 53 lbs. and MFP seems to be really working for me. Keep your new resolve and get yourself on track again. Best of luck to you!
  • jls1mum
    jls1mum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Janellia
    Good luck!!
    Take each day one step at a time
    Looking forward to seeing your progress
  • Rivers001
    Rivers001 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Sandra. I've been up and down for years. My current weight is 256. My goal is to remain consist with diet and exercise. I sent friends request for support.
  • nelliaj
    nelliaj Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Wow jasonschick01 you've come such a long way! Thank you!
  • nelliaj
    Options
    Jls1mum thank you!!! :smile:
  • nelliaj
    Options
    Sandra same here!
  • Sie_Con
    Sie_Con Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing just last year. From May 2014-November 2014 I lost 40 lbs and it was awesome. Now here I am July 2015 exactly at my starting weight again. I've decided to start over and hopefully make it past the holidays this year, since that's what did me in. :)
  • SarahBailey1005
    SarahBailey1005 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from. A few years ago I lost a great deal of weight and now I am back up to where I used to be plus 20 more pounds. It is frustrating. I am trying to get myself motivated to lose it all again. Good luck to all of you!!! Keep focused on your goals and remember, we can do this!
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing, lost 60 pounds - kept it off for a couple years. Then I met my husband and got comfortable and gained back that 60 plus another 27! I'm down 28 pounds now through MFP. I wish you all the best on your journey!
  • nelliaj
    Options
    Sie_Con yeah! No looking back let's do it!
  • nelliaj
    Options
    Sarahbailey thank you same to you!
  • nelliaj
    Options
    Susanmc congratulations! And thank you!
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I too had lost about 80 pounds back in 06 i gained all back and since march of last year have lost about 120 :) You can totally do this!
  • moonpie83
    moonpie83 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Same here! I had a baby at the end of 2013, started working out and watching what I ate and the weight just seemed to fall off...Whelp, life happened and I gained it all back and then some; and this time it's not coming off so easy (which is frustrating for me). But you can do it, we all can do it! Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me!
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I lost 63 pounds about 10 years ago and gained it back and then some between 2010-2013. Have kept the same 20 pounds off for a year, so I am going to call that a victory even though I've been hovering in this weight range. However, I am on a mission to lose at least 50, maybe 70 in the next year or so.
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I feel like now I have the tools (both mentally and physically) to maintain a weight loss.
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me :smile: