questions!!

Options
Robben28
Robben28 Posts: 5 Member
Hey everyone! For the people that have lost a lot of weight on MFP, about how long did it take to lose it? Also, how long do you think it would take to lose about 30 pounds?

Replies

• Robben28
    Robben28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lose 30 pounds for a 18 year old?
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It's all down to the individual, it completely depends on your age/height/current weight/goal weight etc as to what is a healthy rate to lose at. If you've already entered your stats into mfp for weight loss, then you should have an idea of how much you should/could be losing a week.

The maximum recommended weight loss is 2lbs a week, but that's not always sustainable or healthy for everyone (ie. someone with less weight to lose/closer to a healthy weight/older etc may need to lose at a slower pace). If you fit into the right criteria and can lose 2lbs a week, by that logic it'll take you 15 weeks to lose 30lbs, assuming your weight loss is steady and consistent. But as you don't have a huge amount to lose, maybe consider 1.5lbs/1 lb a week to start with?

Speaking from personal experience I've lost 16lbs in 6 weeks. The first 7 of which was in the first 2 weeks (a lot of that is water weight). But as I mentioned before it's completely down to the individual.

The most important thing to remember though is that this isn't something that can be done overnight, you didn't put the weight on in a short amount of time, so it's going to take more than that to get rid of it again. Dont focus too much on 'I need to lose x amount fast' but more on 'what can I do to make positive changes in my life to make myself healthier and lose weight in the process' :)
  • fireflycities
    fireflycities Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I couldn't maintain more than 0.5lb/week (I'd get too hungry and overeat), but remember that you'll lose a bunch of water weight at the beginning.
  • PHStevenson
    PHStevenson Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs my first 60 days but a LOT of it was water weight. and I was eating such an excess of calories before I started to eat healthy. And i had a lot of weight to lose. It is all down to the individual.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!