stalled weight loss............:-(

Options
So.........been doing this a month now. Staying well within my calorie limit (apart from today only), exercising most days and burning minimum 400 calories with strength and cardio (rowing, TRX, etc......). In almost a month, have lost 2 KG's max. Not really motivated to continue, considering the effort for exercise and diet. Prior to this I ate what I wanted and never went above 62kG. I exercise to stay fit but none of this effort really seems to be paying off. I am trying to lose 10 pounds minimum.

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    2 kg in a month is pretty good. What is your goal?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I was going to say same thing. I think your expectations need adjusting is all.

2 kg in a month is a perfectly healthy rate of weight loss.
  • Finalfitness16
    Finalfitness16 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Heya,
    You should definitely stay motivated but this happens a lot to people who want to loose wieght. The less fit you are the easier it is to loose wieght. This may sound strange but it's true. Your body is most likely in a rut. You have to keep working through it and at some point you loose a considerable amount of wieght. So keep going. Salt retanation could also play a factor. Your body may be retaining slat which can make you bloated. Good luck I hope this helps a bit.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    • Are you weighing your foods with an electric food scale?
    • Are you weighing your foods accurately? i.e. using grams instead of cups and 1/2 cups
    • How are you obtaining your calorie burns? MFP, HRM or machines?

How long have you been doing this and how many calories are you eating daily? Also, are you eating back your exercise calories? How long has it been since you lost weight? It's not really a plateau if it's under 6 weeks.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    ratts82 wrote: »
    So.........been doing this a month now. Staying well within my calorie limit (apart from today only), exercising most days and burning minimum 400 calories with strength and cardio (rowing, TRX, etc......). In almost a month, have lost 2 KG's max. Not really motivated to continue, considering the effort for exercise and diet. Prior to this I ate what I wanted and never went above 62kG. I exercise to stay fit but none of this effort really seems to be paying off. I am trying to lose 10 pounds minimum.

So you're losing a pound a week? That's kind of perfect. Considering how little you have to lose, it would be unrealistic to expect much more than that.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That's a reasonable rate of loss. If you have 10 more lbs to go at this rate you will reach your goal in 10 weeks. If you meant 10 pounds total you are practically at the halfway point. What isn't paying off exactly?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    With so little to lose, 2kg in a month is awesome. With my last 10, I lost a half pound a week.
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I think 2 kg is good.

Just think, at this rate you will lose another 2kg next month... That's 4kg or just under 9 pounds... 1 pound short of your goal! That's really really good.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Isn't your health worth the effort?
  • Brandyloseit1
    Brandyloseit1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new to this. I 27 213 pounds I had 2 c sections 8 years ago . I have taken .. let's see. Total soy
    Garcia extract hydroxy cut black onyx
    women ripped vita pack. Hcg drops lipozene. And a few others . My weight will not . move . . Now trying fasting in a 4 hour window . . Any one have advice

Ty
    Brandy
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I am new to this. I 27 213 pounds I had 2 c sections 8 years ago . I have taken .. let's see. Total soy
    women ripped vita pack. Hcg drops lipozene. And a few others . My weight will not . move . . Now trying fasting in a 4 hour window . . Any one have advice

Ty
    Brandy

Stop taking fad scam supplements that do nothing for you and eat less food
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to do it, don't! It's really hard to lose even when you do want to.

Trying to do something that you don't really want to do is just setting yourself up for failure and feeling badly because you didn't do it.

Save weight loss for when you're really motivated. :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    2kg in one month is awesome...I do well to lose 2lbs in one month because I am sooooo close to goal (actually within my first GW maintenance range)

Just keep at it...ensure you are logging accurately (food scale, correct entries etc)

and remember exercise is for health and fitness not weight loss...

Don't let what you think is a "small" amount cause you to lose motivation...it's a good amount and better than going up...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Agree with the others. 2kg a month is good. when I was down to my last few kgs I was losing a whopping 1kg a month, if that..

As long as your scale is moving in the downward direction, you're all good :)
  • ratts82
    ratts82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    GauchoMark wrote: »

Hi and thanks for response! Am still at 60kg's, and really want to get to 56/57 if possible. I'm defo much leaner than I was through training but if muscle weighs more, how do you overcome the weight stall?!
  • ratts82
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

So you're losing a pound a week? That's kind of perfect. Considering how little you have to lose, it would be unrealistic to expect much more than that.

• ratts82
    Options
    It seems little but honestly it's still hard work! I think I'm stuck in the 'weight' issue whereas I know I'm more toned and defined so more muscle mass (I assume?!). I'll definitely keep at it though!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

Ty
    Brandy

Just buy a scale, weigh/measure every single thing you eat/drink. To lose weight you have to eat less than you burn. All that other stuff you're taking isn't doing anything but taking your $$$. Think about it, if all those supplements really worked, why are there still overweight people?!?!?
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    GauchoMark wrote: »

Hi and thanks for response! Am still at 60kg's, and really want to get to 56/57 if possible. I'm defo much leaner than I was through training but if muscle weighs more, how do you overcome the weight stall?!

Well, for starters, what you see in the mirror is much more important than a number on the scale. A lot of REALLY fit people weigh quite a bit due to their muscle mass. Case in point, Ronda Rousey weighs in at 135 and that is after a pre-fight double digit weight cut.

Furthermore, if you are on a caloric deficit, and especially since you are female, you aren't going to bulk up with muscle. The best you can really hope for is to retain what you have currently.
  • ratts82
    Options
    I agree with strong_curves. Unless it's a medical issue, it's simply diet and exercise..... Using the calorie counter has absolutely helped me and I'm far more conscious about what I eat. What about getting advice from a trainer or dietician maybe?!