Lightheaded during the treadmill or other machines?

Options
Hey,

Just wondering if any one feels lightheaded within like 5 - 10 minutes on a treadmill or stairmaster, or any other machine? That keeps happening to me for some reason. Any idea why? (I eat healthy before I go to the gym).

Replies

• NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    drinking enough water?
  • stereodrive
    Options
    Yes I have a bottle with me.
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Going too fast. Your heart is not able to keep up oxygen supply to your brain. Hence the light-headedness/dizziness. Start at slow intensity and build up gradually over a period of time.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories the day before? I know if I don't eat my full 1200 calories, then the next day I feel so sluggish and it's difficult to work out. It takes all my energy to exercise. Not sure if that's what's happening to you or not. Good luck!
  • stereodrive
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Agree slow down make sure you are at or below your target heart rate
  • stereodrive
    Options
    Yup, I eat my full amount. I think it's because I just began exercising and I went too hard, too soon. I'll keep eating the full amount of calories and lots of water in mind though.
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Going too fast. Your heart is not able to keep up oxygen supply to your brain. Hence the light-headedness/dizziness. Start at slow intensity and build up gradually over a period of time.

Just what I was going to say!
    If you have been eating properly and drinking water properly, you probably are starting off too hard. Start at a slow easy pace, and work your way up!
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    One thing I do remember reading is that sometimes when we are on those machines we get nervous or get going so quickly that we actually forget to breathe properly which can lead to light-headedness. The other suggestions are great to. Just maybe something to think about. I know there are such things as breathing coaches that help you learn how to breathe properly while exercising....
  • ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes I have a bottle with me.

Its also important to hydrate before working out. As I've been told roughly two hours before hand is a good time to get pre-hydrated. This might help some.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Also... check your blood pressure. I've had to get my meds changed due to my weight loss. Don't know if that is an issue for you, but just a suggestion. Be careful.
  • dawniewest
    dawniewest Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had that symptom because I was not aware that my blood pressure was dangerously high. It would be good to check it out! Next time you are at Wal mart or the drug store..... :) Take care!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    not breathing right.

or you're not getting enough good carbs before your workout..it causes a drop in blood sugar